By karrybird
JurroRath wrote:Polls exist for a reason friends. Once both sets are done, then a poll will be set up. Surely that hasn't become a foreign concept during the time I've been gone, has it?

i still think that's totally pointless since they both look almost identical. especially when the first one was perfect already!

By Jack_Attack12
karrybird wrote:i dunno, i'd much prefer the ones rizardon made instead...

This. Hers look better with texture. and this certain berry tree is better in techne, i bet others will look ALOT better in this modeler. Like the Wiki berry bush!
By JurroRath
#17939 It's this sort of treatment that pushes modellers away. Comment on the model and tell them how to improve it, or move on. And no, telling them someone else already did a better job is not helping them to improve it.

As for the model itself, I'd think maybe it'd work better if it was leafy looking actually. Or at least, if the blocks were flatter so it looks leafier, it seems just a bit too blocky to me right now.
By karrybird
JurroRath wrote:It's this sort of treatment that pushes modellers away. Comment on the model and tell them how to improve it, or move on. And no, telling them someone else already did a better job is not helping them to improve it.

As for the model itself, I'd think maybe it'd work better if it was leafy looking actually. Or at least, if the blocks were flatter so it looks leafier, it seems just a bit too blocky to me right now.

i didn't exactly say one was better than the other, but that they both look the same.
and honestly, it doesn't need much improvement at all. it looks just like the sprite it's based on.

it would be much more productive for them both to work on different berries that have not been completed in my opinion.
By Nxtech
JurroRath wrote:It's this sort of treatment that pushes modellers away. Comment on the model and tell them how to improve it, or move on. And no, telling them someone else already did a better job is not helping them to improve it.

Ok i'll try this. anyone else actually have a suggestion? Also, the reason im doing models that have already been done before in techne is because it would look pretty odd if some of the models were made of triangles and some of them were made of only boxes and if you look at a list of all the berry tree sprites, you'll see that quite a lot of them won't look good if they are made of rigid boxes. trees like the salac, nomel and pinap are a few examples.
By karrybird
Nxtech wrote:Ok i'll try this. anyone else actually have a suggestion? Also, the reason im doing models that have already been done before in techne is because it would look pretty odd if some of the models were made of triangles and some of them were made of only boxes and if you look at a list of all the berry tree sprites, you'll see that quite a lot of them won't look good if they are made of rigid boxes. trees like the salac, nomel and pinap are a few examples.

...but it's minecraft, it's supposed to be made with boxes....or else it just won't look right in game..
By Nxtech
#17976 omg... just because something isn't made in techne doesn't mean it won't look good in minecraft. its not like im going to make some model with 13000 polygons...
By SPG
karrybird wrote:
Nxtech wrote:Ok i'll try this. anyone else actually have a suggestion? Also, the reason im doing models that have already been done before in techne is because it would look pretty odd if some of the models were made of triangles and some of them were made of only boxes and if you look at a list of all the berry tree sprites, you'll see that quite a lot of them won't look good if they are made of rigid boxes. trees like the salac, nomel and pinap are a few examples.

...but it's minecraft, it's supposed to be made with boxes....or else it just won't look right in game..

karry, its ok, i was going to do it anyways if you guys like it or not.... so nxtech, ignore her and just work on it
By karrybird
SPG wrote:
karrybird wrote:

karry, its ok, i was going to do it anyways if you guys like it or not.... so nxtech, ignore her and just work on it

:I
By JurroRath
#18002 Leave it be Karry, like I said, we'll hold a poll later once both sets are done and figure out which ones work better. Separately of course, it'd be wrong to group the whole lot together when voting. Best to do them one at time in votes so we have the best available version of each given bush/tree.
JOIN THE TEAM