By SPG
#1709 well, before anyone smacks you with problems, because they dont matter as much on your first model, may i recommend playing around with rotated blocks a bit? trust me, they go a long way, also, i recommend making your model bigger then needed so you have more room to work with : )

By JurroRath
#1710 I must say, as baseline, it's not bad. However, as an actual model to be submitted in game? I apologize for this, but well, to be blunt, it wouldn't make it in. It would need a lot of smoothing out and detail. You've got the right idea, there's no doubt, I can recognize what each part is supposed to be, but I would recommend tripling the size of the model- not by GIS, I mean by actually taking each block, tripling it's size and moving them back into place. Also, as SPG said, rotated blocks are a great tool to make use of, as they help create smoother models. Blocky models are generally frowned upon- the smoother, the better. I know Techne isn't the most convenient program to use, but just work with it for a bit, you'll get the hang of it friend :3 Really, the best advice I can give is to make it bigger, and to work on fine-tuning to details, as it lacks almost all details in needs. I'm sorry that I'm failing to come up with anything better, and I assure you that you most certainly have the right idea, your execution just needs some improvement, that's all. I look forward to seeing this model completed and in game one day :3
By JurroRath
#1737 Ah, don't worry about making the model too big, in fact, we encourage all models to make their pokemon far, far bigger than necessary. We've got this nifty little thing called GIScale, which will allow us to chage the pokemon's size and make it smaller once it's in-game, so really, make it however big you need to, it can be resized later.
By Hiroku
#1779 I'd recommend not doing larvitar as your first model, as it is quite difficult
By JurroRath
#1867 Not in the slightest. I find it's much harder to work with small areas than with larger areas, as smaller areas will almost always lack the room to add necessary detail.
By SPG
Otakufiend wrote:had an idea...wouldn't a modified sandshrew model work?

no, thats stealing work and looks nothing like larvitar
JOIN THE TEAM