Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By Sevaanos
#173520 On my friends and mine private server, we don't hit any lag except when it comes to flying on pokemon. Is there something we can do to fix this? It just seems like its due to the animations of the new models. (we recently switched over from an older version) The pixelmon seem to fly choppy in the air as well

I'm running the server from my computer. These are the specs for it.

Intel I7-5828k 3.30GHz
16GB ram - 8 of which is dedicated to the server, 6 to my game
MSI 4GB 770 twin frozr

Thanks

By MrMasochism
#173522 loading chunks tends to cause flying to lag a bit. By using optifine and dynamic chunk loading you can improve that a lot
By Jay113355
#173541 What type of lag? FPS lag is when your frame rate goes down and your view jumps around.
Server lag is when entity's move around slowly or 'start and stop'. Flying on a pokemon (just like horses) is tied to the server's ticks. So if your server is running slow riding on Pokemon will be too.
By Sevaanos
#173603 The flying entity's have a a stutter type movement when you ride them and when the are flying, and its hard to keep altitude.

So i was finally smart enough to test it on SP and there is no flight issue. So it's the server, but I'm not sure how to fix this.

I have plenty of Memory allocated to it, and my computer should have no issue running it. I have a 50MB connection. So how would I be able to speed up my server.

Thanks again
By MoeBoy76
#173624 If you have more than 6GB assigned to a server and it is laggy then you likely need a faster processor
By MoeBoy76
#173628 3.3 GHz is quite slow for an i7, i currently use an i5 that is 3.4 GHz, also to note that Minecraft only makes use of a single core, it is multithreaded though
JOIN THE TEAM