Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By Studz12
#16705 Hello! I'm playing a single player Minecraft world, and I cannot seem to find any fossils! Is it only available in creative mode, because I went on it and saw what the ore looked like. I looked at one of the forum pages where a guy said it spawns in an ocean biome at level 40-60, but I've been looking for a while. Is it just really rare or not currently in survival?

By Yaseen
#16710 I believe its in 30-50 in/near gravel but im yet to find ant fossils, just my luck xD
By Yaseen
#17450 Yea Spg has found quite a few,he apparently took one from my mine on the server
By Hypnose
#19599 Honestly I've been looking everywhere.. I've dug through at least twenty patches of gravel between layers 20-50, some of which were very large. However, I have still not found a single fossil. Is there something I may be doing wrong? Or might I just be very unlucky? XD
By SPG
Hypnose wrote:Honestly I've been looking everywhere.. I've dug through at least twenty patches of gravel between layers 20-50, some of which were very large. However, I have still not found a single fossil. Is there something I may be doing wrong? Or might I just be very unlucky? XD

nah, thats normal, i mine A LOT so i find lots of things and carry an enderchest around with me hooked to a hopper, so ya...... they are meant ot be some what uncommon, but if you dig out a 32x32 area you may find 2 or 3
By Hypnose
SPG wrote:nah, thats normal, i mine A LOT so i find lots of things and carry an enderchest around with me hooked to a hopper, so ya...... they are meant ot be some what uncommon, but if you dig out a 32x32 area you may find 2 or 3

I have one more question if that's alright. Are the fossils pressed right up against the gravel or can they be a couple blocks buried away from it?
JOIN THE TEAM