Is Muk ready for approval?

95%
5%
N/A
By zero_breaker
#16273 Created a new thread to get more feedbacks. So, here's Muk!
Spoiler:

Yes, the texture is horrible, and I have no way to fix it. May someone help me?

EDIT: oh well, I got Sandshrew now.

UPDATE: texture improved, noise, and shiny
Spoiler:
ImageImage

EDIT 2: This got approved too! Thank you everyone :3

By karrybird
#16276 is this texture hd? it doesn't really look it, but i could be wrong.
one thing this really needs, and i've said this before, but please add shading to your models. try blending in the lines on this guy so that they aren't so popping, make them almost annoticable and cohesive with the rest of the model.
the model is pretty good, considering that it's just an ugly pile of sludge. not exactly sure how else you could possible improve it in that sense, haha.
By zero_breaker
karrybird wrote:is this texture hd? it doesn't really look it, but i could be wrong.
one thing this really needs, and i've said this before, but please add shading to your models. try blending in the lines on this guy so that they aren't so popping, make them almost annoticable and cohesive with the rest of the model.
the model is pretty good, considering that it's just an ugly pile of sludge. not exactly sure how else you could possible improve it in that sense, haha.

I've said many times, only when the model and the texture is completely fixed the shading will be added. And yes, the texture is HD, though it's only x4 (256x128 to 512x256) and I'd like to improve the eyes, but that will require a ridiculously large texture map (1024x512). Not sure if I should do that.
By karrybird
zero_breaker wrote:
karrybird wrote:is this texture hd? it doesn't really look it, but i could be wrong.

I've said many times, only when the model and the texture is completely fixed the shading will be added. And yes, the texture is HD, though it's only x4 (256x128 to 512x256) and I'd like to improve the eyes, but that will require a ridiculously large texture map (1024x512). Not sure if I should do that.

well alright, (i honestly don't remember you saying this, but then again, i'm a dumb blonde) and i don't think techne allows texture maps that big, i attempted once but i think i remember running into some issues. not sure if it's only me or not though...
By zero_breaker
karrybird wrote:well alright, (i honestly don't remember you saying this, but then again, i'm a dumb blonde) and i don't think techne allows texture maps that big, i attempted once but i think i remember running into some issues. not sure if it's only me or not though...

Oh alright, then I'll leave it like this. I'll see what others think.

aaand Scizor is freaking hard
By karrybird
zero_breaker wrote:aaand Scizor is freaking hard

well, he is a steel type :D

but honestly, spg was right, you have a pretty good start so far.
By KuryoZT
#18240 I think it's ready, I mean Muk is just........Muk, there is no other way to describe it XD, it's just ugly and putrid like it's supposed to. God job
By Yaseen
KuryoZT wrote:I think it's ready, I mean Muk is just........Muk, there is no other way to describe it XD, it's just ugly and putrid like it's supposed to. God job

good job*
and wat he said is true xD
JOIN THE TEAM