Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By dracowolf
#158776 Hello

I have a kid that wants to play pixelmon. I am mainly a console gamer. the computer that the family uses meets basic requirements for Minecraft but then I installed pixelmon and it did not run smmothly, it acts like it is running at 3 FPM (frames per min)
Computer in question is an AMD E1 with 2 gigs of ram. and onboard video.

I am considering purchasing/ building a computer to play Pixelmon. I do not want to spend a ton of money on an ultimate gameing machine, as pixelmon is the only game that we plan on using atm, So i was wondering what are some basic specs that can play pixelmon.

Thanks in advance

By JamieS1211
#158789 The problem there is almost everything can play pixelmon, even your current computer. What you are asking is a more tough question as it subjective. So in turn we will be able to recommend specs for a computer however we would first need to consider gameplay standard. If you could let us know desired frame rate (probably 35 to be safe), typical render distances, if you wish to use shaders and gameplay resolution we could be more useful.

Having said that I run a Geforge GTX 660 with a intel i5 4670K pusing over to a 1080p resolution. This gives me between 25 and 100 FPS depending on if I am using shaders. I usually have a render distance of 26 or upwards.

I am sure that 720P would be fine for your purposes so a weaker machine should suffice but let me know details and then I can give a somewhat useful recommendation.
By dracowolf
#158813 I would say something similar to the performance of a ps3, so 1080P 60 fps, asuming FPS is the same as the hertz of the TV.

as for the render distance and shaders. I am not sure what to say as I said I am from the console side of gaming. I think default would be fine on shaders, and for the sake of argument I will say 26 for the render distance.
It also sounds like I would be better with a computer with a separate graphics card as opposed to playing with on-board graphics.

Thanks for the help
JamieS1211 wrote:The problem there is almost everything can play pixelmon, even your current computer. What you are asking is a more tough question as it subjective. So in turn we will be able to recommend specs for a computer however we would first need to consider gameplay standard. If you could let us know desired frame rate (probably 35 to be safe), typical render distances, if you wish to use shaders and gameplay resolution we could be more useful.

Having said that I run a Geforge GTX 660 with a intel i5 4670K pusing over to a 1080p resolution. This gives me between 25 and 100 FPS depending on if I am using shaders. I usually have a render distance of 26 or upwards.

I am sure that 720P would be fine for your purposes so a weaker machine should suffice but let me know details and then I can give a somewhat useful recommendation.
By JamieS1211
#159551 60FPS at 1080p will probably take a fair bit of juice. I would say to defiantly say a dedicated graphics card will be wanted and probably a desktop PC as mobile chips are never as powerfull. I would recommend anything equal to or better than GTX 750Ti. Depending on your budget you may consider something higher rated to keep you happy for a few years.
JOIN THE TEAM