By Nxtech
#15358 Wow, well I had no idea that minecraft is so limited to what models it can use. There's not much I can really do to help then considering I don't know java or really any programming languages for that matter. At this point it seems that there's nothing to be done but to recode and I definitely understand why you wouldn't want to do that. If you still want to pursue this then i'll still try and help in any way I can.

By SPG
Nxtech wrote:Wow, well I had no idea that minecraft is so limited to what models it can use. There's not much I can really do to help then considering I don't know java or really any programming languages for that matter. At this point it seems that there's nothing to be done but to recode and I definitely understand why you wouldn't want to do that. If you still want to pursue this then i'll still try and help in any way I can.

it will most likely be my summer project (even though i wanted to learn C# lol)
By Nxtech
#15474 If you really plan on doing it, we could start making the new models now so that by the time you're done, a large portion of them could be ready. Lol the update could be like Pixelmon HD or something. I just realized that we could rip the meshes and (maybe?) textures from one of the console Pokemon games and then maybe spruce them up or acctually reduce to poly count for minecraft to run them. That should be reletively easy with dolphin emulator and would save a bunch of time
By Nxtech
#15513 I just got a mesh in .obj format, texture, and a .DAE. They are from pokemon battle revolution and are reaaallly high quality. Theres a website called models-resource that has a large number of models free for download and use that can be used along with ripping them ourselves.

The .DAE probably contains the animations for all moves and also other things like walking. I believe that the .DAE format is in XNA so if it were possible to code that in, I think that would save a TON of time for you. I don't know even the most basic of the basic about computer languages and how something like this would be done if it even can so sorry if i'm completely off with my suggestions.
By SPG
Nxtech wrote:I just got a mesh in .obj format, texture, and a .DAE. They are from pokemon battle revolution and are reaaallly high quality. Theres a website called models-resource that has a large number of models free for download and use that can be used along with ripping them ourselves.

The .DAE probably contains the animations for all moves and also other things like walking. I believe that the .DAE format is in XNA so if it were possible to code that in, I think that would save a TON of time for you. I don't know even the most basic of the basic about computer languages and how something like this would be done if it even can so sorry if i'm completely off with my suggestions.

thats stealing others work, we have to make them ourself, i already knew of the website and its how i gave examples to other people, and i honestly wouldnt waste your time with making the pokemon just yet because i can honestly say i dont know how the project would go out and it could just be a load of wasted time
By Nxtech
#15573 I figured that we wouldn't be able to use them but I thought i'd ask anyways. I'm definately not making anything until i'm sure its going to be used. That would be a massive waste of time lol. Let me know when I should start though because it will take a very long time to remake everything.
By Nxtech
#15670 I've been looking around to see if this has been done before and apparently it has

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... qV9VQuVcXc

I was thinking that you could download the mod and save yourself some time.

The link to the mod is below. You'll need google chrome to translate the page for you. I don't know if other browsers do that if so then ignore that lol...

http://forum.minecraftuser.jp/viewtopic ... 980#p47256
By SPG
Nxtech wrote:I've been looking around to see if this has been done before and apparently it has

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... qV9VQuVcXc

I was thinking that you could download the mod and save yourself some time.

The link to the mod is below. You'll need google chrome to translate the page for you. I don't know if other browsers do that if so then ignore that lol...

http://forum.minecraftuser.jp/viewtopic ... 980#p47256

this may be very helpful, hopfully it wont be too hard to update, and hopefully this will be very useful
By MrMasochism
#15776 Unfortunately that vid won't be helpful. I pulled the mod apart to see what they were doing and they aren't doing any of what they say they are doing. They are just using turbo model thingee, a minecraft mod made a little while ago which just added a few more base shapes to the normal minecraft model. That mod is now discontinued.

Anyway, they weren't importing a file from another program and there was no mesh deformation or proper animation system in place
JOIN THE TEAM