Is Nidorino ready for approval?

100%
N/A
By Edeodin
#14324 This thread has been awfully quiet, so I decided to fix some things myself in the meantime. One of the big things bothering me was that ugly patch of colliding block on the back just behind the ears; I smoothed that area out. Other than that, a bunch of minor adjustments (probably not even noticeable) and I also made sure the rotation points were all set up right. Not sure how much approval I need before I go posting in the other board to be honest, so I've just been waiting.

Spoiler:

By Yaseen
#14325 Youve already got 12 votes for approval so im pretty sure that its ready for the approval thread xD
By karrybird
#14335 hey before you put it in the dropbox (cause there's no doubt this is getting apprvoed) please change your flat texture blocks.
make them all 1 wide instead of zero, this prevents that disgusting flickering that you see on some models in game, i've tested this on my archeops and eevee and it actually fixes it! i just don't want to see a beautiful model like this one flicker in game :(
By Edeodin
Yaseen wrote:Youve already got 12 votes for approval so im pretty sure that its ready for the approval thread xD

It's hard to go solely based off the vote count though! I mean there's other threads that have more approval, but still have some fixes to make. I've been expecting someone to rush in and go, "OBJECTION!! THIS IS TERRIBLE!"
By Edeodin
karrybird wrote:hey before you put it in the dropbox (cause there's no doubt this is getting apprvoed) please change your flat texture blocks.
make them all 1 wide instead of zero, this prevents that disgusting flickering that you see on some models in game, i've tested this on my archeops and eevee and it actually fixes it! i just don't want to see a beautiful model like this one flicker in game :(

Oh, ok! I'll give that a shot. I wasn't sure if it was just a Techne thing or not. Thank you!
By karrybird
Edeodin wrote:Oh, ok! I'll give that a shot. I wasn't sure if it was just a Techne thing or not. Thank you!

oh no, while techne has many problems, i think this problem is within the game itself. not entirely sure though, but i'll have to back to all my old models and change them up too.
By Edeodin
karrybird wrote:hey before you put it in the dropbox (cause there's no doubt this is getting apprvoed) please change your flat texture blocks.

Ok, I made all the flat blocks one pixel wide. Of course you get some more lovely Techne Z-buffer issues (like that far ear), but that's nothing new. Also I figured I might as well do a shiny texture, so there's that.

Spoiler:
By karrybird
#15065 it is perfect now, get that sucker approved!
JOIN THE TEAM