Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By reongomes
#149222 Since the game is evolving the player models are starting to get old.
I heard that new player models were a big fail so I think instead of creating new player models you guys should animate the regular ones.
For Example:
Mo'Bends
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOyVbXqMwlU
Animated Player Mod
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjTZIuQZjW0
Try creating your own animations for the player that would be fun.
The player could make a "I accept your battle" stance or a "I lost" stance etc...

By SPG
#149239 we are using the steve model, and the trainer models were anything but new, we';ve had them since 2012, we are just finally getting rid of them. we wont animate them though
By TheGameAce
#149476 Maybe one day there will be trainer models, actually modeled just like the Pixelmon, and animated even better... I legit think that would be awesome to see, but would probably be a bit of work. But hey, the trainers need a bunch of work on them in general. Maybe one day in over a month from now, when I go hog wild getting my new computer, I'll attempt to see what I can do with modeling something lol.
By TheGameAce
#149482 SPG, did you try doing ones as high quality as the current Pixelmon models? Considering in 2012 you were doing block models still if I'm correct, and that's how old the trainer models are... I think it would be an interesting concept at least for someone to toy around with if they could make a nice enough model.
By SPG
#149484 We did toy around with it in the new format, it just looks bad, and raises the question "why haven't we just started our own game" there are limits and some things go too far for too many open ended questions. Same goes for smoothed models, that shouldn't even be an option at all, that was a mistake on who ever rigged lucario
By TheGameAce
#149489 Ah. Well I still think that would be cool to see, but would at a point probably make the game lag like crap, so Steve model it is I guess :P
By JeanMarc
#149494 I also personally believe that having Steve models for trainers is probably the best solution, as otherwise the player's model would just start sticking out as a sore thumb. Having the trainers in the same style as the player is probably the thing that would look the most natural.
By HelenTheHero
#149499 I can see people trolling their siblings by adding trainers with the Herobrine skin when they aren't using their private world. :P
JOIN THE TEAM