By TheGameAce
#137917 Slugma looks pretty decent. The only major thing I have noticed, is that it could use some more of the "bubbles" on its back area and sides. It's uh... I guess you would call it the leg area... Sort of needs to be more smooth and rounded. No jaggy look to it.
By Edeodin
#137923 I'll run the bubbles by our riggers. I was mostly just trying to keep them few and symmetrical so it's easy to attach bones to them once we start animating. But consider those jaggies smoothed out.
By JamieS1211
#137928 What I think would be interesting is this. On the bottom of the model if you could do drips and a bumpy surface, then have the hit-box start at what is now the flat section. That way it will be inside the blocks he is sitting on however when viewed from below it looks like dripping lava and more realistic. Not sure if that is possible but I do hope so.
By Il_Lupo
#137938 Make a bunch of bubbles and have them next to the main model. We can animate them to rise in and out of the body.
By Edeodin
JamieS1211 » 26 Sep 2014 17:33 wrote:What I think would be interesting is this. On the bottom of the model if you could do drips and a bumpy surface, then have the hit-box start at what is now the flat section. That way it will be inside the blocks he is sitting on however when viewed from below it looks like dripping lava and more realistic. Not sure if that is possible but I do hope so.

I made the bottom of both of them a little bumpy, though with the dripping I'd be worried about those poking through half surfaces or especially being visible in the middle of glass. I don't think I could account for every possible scenario there.

Also magcargo's done, added him to the first post! That shell was... fun. XD
By Lizzy39632
#138010 Shouldn't there be a flame on the side of magcargo's shell? Or is that what the small hole is for?
By Edeodin
Lizzy39632 » 27 Sep 2014 20:24 wrote:Shouldn't there be a flame on the side of magcargo's shell? Or is that what the small hole is for?

Yeah the fire comes out of that hole, though it doesn't seem to always be there. Like in X&Y:

I was thinking a particle effect like Charmander's might work pretty well for it.
By Lizzy39632
#138014 Nah,I think you should model the flame, since SPG doesn't like the particles, like for the smoke coming out of torkoal's shell.

But I'm not forcing you ^_^
JOIN THE TEAM