By ShadowS56
#137844 Hey guys, this is my first model, so don't be too hard on the mistakes. Constructive criticism only please. :)

*Edit: Ok, uploaded the updated version.

By HowlingCoyote
#137845 It's a bit hard to critique when the wireframe view doesn't exactly work for some unknown reason :///???
unless you the model with a ton of polys I'm not really sure what to say.
By ShadowS56
HowlingCoyote » 24 Sep 2014 23:04 wrote:It's a bit hard to critique when the wireframe view doesn't exactly work for some unknown reason :///???
unless you the model with a ton of polys I'm not really sure what to say.

I don't know why it isn't showing that. It looks fine in Blender, but loaded onto Sketchup it looks way smoother than it really is. Any idea how to fix that?
By MegamanBlue9
#137847 Yeah, Blender has exports objs akwardly. Just go into blender and delete the Lamp and Camera, Then you just use the .blend on sketchfab instead.
By TheGameAce
#137850 Shouldn't Steelix be longer? Seems so short O-o
By ShadowS56
MegamanBlue9 » 25 Sep 2014 02:29 wrote:Yeah, Blender has exports objs akwardly. Just go into blender and delete the Lamp and Camera, Then you just use the .blend on sketchfab instead.

Thanks. I'll reupload the new one soon.

And I didn't really think about that, TheGameAce. I'll fix that. :P
By HowlingCoyote
#137881 it's pretty good for a beginner model :D

though the head does have quite a bit of unneeded polys.
I do agree the body should be bigger as well. Or longer.
I'm also not sure if the inside of the mouth should be modeled for animation either. Depends on what the animators want to do with it.
By SPG
#137883 people saying to make him longer are wrong, just saying
his rocks need to be bigger, as for all the other flaws... I'll step in when it seems to be required
also, make the rocks... like rocks not just triangular spheres, in other words be creative with it, but do that last once all the other issues are addressed
JOIN THE TEAM