Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By Soounreal
#130511 I'm brand new to this whole server admin thing, but I want to learn. I can't seem to find anything on how to set a permission node. Do i need to create a file of some sort to set it up? If so, is there a website i can go to, to help me get started?
Thanks!

By bobbanana09
#131471 In your permissions yml or your group manager/PEX groups folder with permissions and stuff.

If you don't understand this, search up a tutorial on adding permissions to servers.
By Soounreal
bobbanana09 » 16 Jul 2014 22:32 wrote:In your permissions yml or your group manager/PEX groups folder with permissions and stuff.

If you don't understand this, search up a tutorial on adding permissions to servers.

See, I think this is where i'm confused on. My server folder does not have a permission.yml file anywhere and every time i search on how to get one started, a bunch of things come up for bukkit; when I don't run bukkit. I think the only thing that I really need is a way to get a permissions file started and I can just add nodes from there.
By MoeBoy76
Soounreal » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:37 am wrote:
bobbanana09 » 16 Jul 2014 22:32 wrote:In your permissions yml or your group manager/PEX groups folder with permissions and stuff.

See, I think this is where i'm confused on. My server folder does not have a permission.yml file anywhere and every time i search on how to get one started, a bunch of things come up for bukkit; when I don't run bukkit. I think the only thing that I really need is a way to get a permissions file started and I can just add nodes from there.

if you are running a forge server then you don't have permissions, you will need to research how to give access to certain commands using forge mods
By Soounreal
MoeBoy76 » 22 Jul 2014 14:58 wrote:
Soounreal » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:37 am wrote:

if you are running a forge server then you don't have permissions, you will need to research how to give access to certain commands using forge mods

Okay, this probably clears up about 90% of my confusion on certain subjects. Time to hit google up a bit to see whats available.
Thanks everyone for all your help.
JOIN THE TEAM