Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By SPG
Jack_Attack12 wrote:Theres a wiki subforum now.and therr should be no leaders.. Just a team

"leaders" only add people to the group, so that would be a moderator or an admin on the forums

By Umbre0n
#12874 I'm sorry, but I have to be absulutly against the idea of a Sub-Forum made just for the wiki.
First, the wiki should still be in beta, since it's now being worked on. You shouldn't just go ahead and make an entire forum about it. That's like making a website for a Star Wars mod that will come out in 5 months.
Second, what is it going to be for? "Please add this" or "Please edit this one line, since I need to make an entire discussion about it instead of PM'ing someone about it"?

I believe there should be a team, with Mr. M as the team leader. We should have a small name-tag, Mr. M has "Site Owner". There should be 5 or so amazing people with "Wiki Editor". That way, users will know who to message. This way, the forum won't be cruded up with useless "You misspelled supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, pls pls change it" and the sorts.

We need to stop what we're doing for the meantime. No more "new" wiki editors, is what I mean. Atleast until we can figure out what we'll do with the wiki, and do it. Otherwise, you're leading yourself down to a road where all you have to do is make an account here, say "My wiki name is ImNotATrollButIDoWantToSpamTheWiki, I'm really good at English." then BAM! You have editing powers.

Even if this idea just came out, we need to make the "Application to become Wiki Editor" PM only. PM the admin, or a chosen Wiki Editor, and let them decide if the user is worthy.

Think of how easy it was for me to become wiki-editor. Even though I'm entirely happy about becoming one, and I swear to do my best at my new found job, I can't believe how easy it was to "trick the admin into giving me editor permission."

Sorry for using the word "trick", but that's how I feel. I felt like I "Tricked the owner" into giving me the position, and anyone else can do the same.

Now Mr. M, please reconsider how you're doing this. It should be only full of people you trust, not anyone who can type their wiki name.

Now, back the ranting at the sub-forum. Why? Just why do we need an entire sub-forum on it?

Mr. M, message me about this, alright? I'm sure by now we have a lot to talk about. I hope I can await for your message without the fear of a Moderator banning me for this rant.

Sorry, but sometimes what must be said, must be said.
By SPG
Umbre0n wrote:I'm sorry, but I have to be absulutly against the idea of a Sub-Forum made just for the wiki.
First, the wiki should still be in beta, since it's now being worked on. You shouldn't just go ahead and make an entire forum about it. That's like making a website for a Star Wars mod that will come out in 5 months.
Second, what is it going to be for? "Please add this" or "Please edit this one line, since I need to make an entire discussion about it instead of PM'ing someone about it"?

I believe there should be a team, with Mr. M as the team leader. We should have a small name-tag, Mr. M has "Site Owner". There should be 5 or so amazing people with "Wiki Editor". That way, users will know who to message. This way, the forum won't be cruded up with useless "You misspelled supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, pls pls change it" and the sorts.

We need to stop what we're doing for the meantime. No more "new" wiki editors, is what I mean. Atleast until we can figure out what we'll do with the wiki, and do it. Otherwise, you're leading yourself down to a road where all you have to do is make an account here, say "My wiki name is ImNotATrollButIDoWantToSpamTheWiki, I'm really good at English." then BAM! You have editing powers.

Even if this idea just came out, we need to make the "Application to become Wiki Editor" PM only. PM the admin, or a chosen Wiki Editor, and let them decide if the user is worthy.

Think of how easy it was for me to become wiki-editor. Even though I'm entirely happy about becoming one, and I swear to do my best at my new found job, I can't believe how easy it was to "trick the admin into giving me editor permission."

Sorry for using the word "trick", but that's how I feel. I felt like I "Tricked the owner" into giving me the position, and anyone else can do the same.

Now Mr. M, please reconsider how you're doing this. It should be only full of people you trust, not anyone who can type their wiki name.

Now, back the ranting at the sub-forum. Why? Just why do we need an entire sub-forum on it?

Mr. M, message me about this, alright? I'm sure by now we have a lot to talk about. I hope I can await for your message without the fear of a Moderator banning me for this rant.

Sorry, but sometimes what must be said, must be said.

i was talking about this forum, not a forum only for the wiki, and leader would be a group leader that adds people to the group like lets say builders or modelers, leaders add those people to that group, it means nothing really
By Umbre0n
SPG wrote:i was talking about this forum, not a forum only for the wiki, and leader would be a group leader that adds people to the group like lets say builders or modelers, leaders add those people to that group, it means nothing really

"Builders" and "Modelers"? I do believe if you give them the admin permission, they have the ability to IP-Ban anyone, make selected guests so they can't edit a certain page, and edit anything on the page.

There should be not many "groups". The Editors, the ones who ban bots, edit pages, rollover defaces, and add extra content. Then, there's Mr. M, who creates Editors, and do what the Editors do.

Simple as that.

And, other then what I just said, I have absulutly no idea what you said. Mind rephrasing for me?
By MrMasochism
#12889 Feel free to add me on steam umbre0n (if you have it, my username is MrMasochism). Chatting that way is much easier than using pm's
By Rados
Umbre0n wrote:
SPG wrote:i was talking about this forum, not a forum only for the wiki, and leader would be a group leader that adds people to the group like lets say builders or modelers, leaders add those people to that group, it means nothing really

"Builders" and "Modelers"? I do believe if you give them the admin permission, they have the ability to IP-Ban anyone, make selected guests so they can't edit a certain page, and edit anything on the page.

There should be not many "groups". The Editors, the ones who ban bots, edit pages, rollover defaces, and add extra content. Then, there's Mr. M, who creates Editors, and do what the Editors do.

Simple as that.

And, other then what I just said, I have absulutly no idea what you said. Mind rephrasing for me?

We are talking about 2 completely different things here, SPG is talking about the Wiki editor's group INSIDE this forum, the rank, you are talking about the editors group in the WIKI, that is the general idea though, MrM approving editors and they edit the pages
By Umbre0n
#12898 I still don't understand what's being said. I'll just let this slide.

MrMasochism wrote:Feel free to add me on steam umbre0n (if you have it, my username is MrMasochism). Chatting that way is much easier than using pm's

If I add you -- which I already had --, will you add me?
P.S.: I think it's wise for you to delete your post, unless you want people publicly adding you all the time. You're sorta famous for the mod.

P.S.+: That's post 1,000 in the General forum.
By SPG
Umbre0n wrote:I still don't understand what's being said. I'll just let this slide.

MrMasochism wrote:Feel free to add me on steam umbre0n (if you have it, my username is MrMasochism). Chatting that way is much easier than using pm's

If I add you -- which I already had --, will you add me?
P.S.: I think it's wise for you to delete your post, unless you want people publicly adding you all the time. You're sorta famous for the mod.

P.S.+: That's post 1,000 in the General forum.

he does it a lot, im sure he doesnt care lol
By Yaseen
#12908 lol, even if he did care he woulds probably get lets of friend requests anyway because he uses the same name on the forums
JOIN THE TEAM