By Leo_730
#117112 I appreciate that you've had many different ideas for this problem but I have considered some of the others and I think this might just solve all the problems. So, here goes...

...How about releasing just a set of basic skins (e.g. SkinA.png, SkinB.png,SkinC.png etc.). People could just call the custom skin they want one of those names and then put it in the mod file. That would work well because it would work in Single Player/Individually but it would also work for Resource Packs, as the RP could include a 'Steve Trainer Skins' folder with the skins that RP needs, meaning they would appear instead of the skins in the mod file because of the same basic names being used. This already works with the few skins in the mod (see Challenge Accepted's RP for their 'Pokémon: Iron & Coal' Server). [P.S. That last bit wasn't advertising the server, it's just a great example of what I mean]. Please consider this as it would help SOOOOO many people! :D XD

By Arsonist
Leo_730 wrote:I appreciate that you've had many different ideas for this problem but I have considered some of the others and I think this might just solve all the problems. So, here goes...

...How about releasing just a set of basic skins (e.g. SkinA.png, SkinB.png,SkinC.png etc.). People could just call the custom skin they want one of those names and then put it in the mod file. That would work well because it would work in Single Player/Individually but it would also work for Resource Packs, as the RP could include a 'Steve Trainer Skins' folder with the skins that RP needs, meaning they would appear instead of the skins in the mod file because of the same basic names being used. This already works with the few skins in the mod (see Challenge Accepted's RP for their 'Pokémon: Iron & Coal' Server). [P.S. That last bit wasn't advertising the server, it's just a great example of what I mean]. Please consider this as it would help SOOOOO many people! :D XD

What you're proposing is already possible, you just need to include the custom files you want into assets>pixelmon>textures>trainers>steve, or rename the custom files to replace one of the skins in that list so other players don't see a trainer you've made that is referencing a file they don't have. But if you want people to see the custom skin then they would need to have the skin in their mods as well.
By Arsonist
NeonDiscovery wrote:It sucks because your limited to 5 skins :(

Mr.M posted in another thread that eventually the skins will be able to be that of players.
By AnDwHaT5
Arsonist wrote:

Mr.M posted in another thread that eventually the skins will be able to be that of players.

I like that much however I think the most efficient way is direct skin URL. IMO that is.
By shadoowner
AnDwHaT5 wrote:
Arsonist wrote:

I like that much however I think the most efficient way is direct skin URL. IMO that is.

Indeed, so you can just upload a skin to photobucket(for example) and then use that on the steve model
JOIN THE TEAM