By Arsonist
#115448 After seeing another thread here on the subject of adding skins to the mod, i got to thinking that it'd be a pain if nobody else could see said skins. They'd have to download the same files and implement them in the same way, or individual people would have to distribute altered versions of the mod. Some servers might have these skins, other might have those skins, but nobody's going to have them all.
So i thought, why not make a sub-section in the trainers forum for steve skins to be submitted and applied to the steve trainer model in later updates? The mod won't be finished for quite some time, and between now and then there's going to be a fair few updates, so why not give people a place to submit skins.
There's a bunch of people who want to contribute to the mod but can't use modelling programs, can't script, and can't make music. This is something that a lot of people can do, and help with. You don't even need any special software to do it. All you need is ms paint and a reference skin, and you're set.

TLDR: Instead of individuals adding skins, why not make a section where people can submit them for later updates?

By MrMasochism
#115518 Sounds good, someone go ahead and set this up. We won't want too many skins in the mod but 20 or 30 would be feasible
By Fatal_instinct
MrMasochism wrote:Sounds good, someone go ahead and set this up. We won't want too many skins in the mod but 20 or 30 would be feasible

Where this a good idea, what is the possibility to have it pull skins directly from a website such as novaskins to make it work similar to minecraft where it downloads the skins as it sees the player come online ect. If the player logs in, it can start to download these said skins that are currently active.
By MrMasochism
#123475 We'd need their permission to do so. Far more likely to allow you to put in a player name and it will use their skin as the trainer skin though I'm aware this will mean it will change as the player changes their skin. Doing it that way means we run through the official minecraft servers though which is why it's the better idea
By benNmacie
MrMasochism wrote:We'd need their permission to do so. Far more likely to allow you to put in a player name and it will use their skin as the trainer skin though I'm aware this will mean it will change as the player changes their skin. Doing it that way means we run through the official minecraft servers though which is why it's the better idea

is there someway you can just make it so we can add our own skins in to the steve skins, then we could hook it up in our resource pack for players to use to see the skins, but just make it so we can have a limitless amount of skins we can put in ourselves?
By MrMasochism
#123785 I could make it check a location for more skins if you added a resource pack possibly
By benNmacie
MrMasochism » 05 May 2014 03:41 wrote:I could make it check a location for more skins if you added a resource pack possibly

THANK YOU MRM!! that is what i have been looking for that would be incredible in my resource pack there's a pixelmon folder then within that theres the gui textures and what not, then maybe have it check for skins in a steve skins folder? let me know what you come up with i appreciate it!
JOIN THE TEAM