Is Nidorino ready for approval?

100%
N/A
By Edeodin
#11320 So, I'm not sure if I need to introduce myself anywhere on the forums first, but I've been following Pixelmon for a while now and finally decided to take a stab at making a model myself. No one was working on Nidoran male at the time when I started - like there is now - but seeing as I put all this effort into it I might as well get some feedback anyway!

Old

Spoiler:

Update 1: Nidorino!

Spoiler:

Update 2: Back fix, minor tweaks

Spoiler:

Update 3: 1 Wide Flat Blocks & Shiny Texture

Spoiler:

By Yaseen
#11324 O.o That is awesome
By Omerta
Jack_Attack12 wrote:Thats really good! though could use a HD texture!! good job!

Pretty sure that is an hd texture, but you're right, there's something off about it. It looks a little distorted or muddied, or as if the different areas of shading are clashing. Maybe karry can pin it down a little more, but overall it looks like the texture could be a bit neater/cleaner.

But seriously, great job so far, and especially for your first model. You seem to have grasped all the core concepts very easily, and I can tell you've put a lot off effort into it. Keep up the good work.
By Pokenerd8
#11327 we have a competitor against karrybird now :3
By SPG
Pokenerd8 wrote:we have a competitor against karrybird now :3

doubt it, just looks like he took official art and scaled it down
By Edeodin
Omerta wrote:
Jack_Attack12 wrote:Thats really good! though could use a HD texture!! good job!

Pretty sure that is an hd texture, but you're right, there's something off about it. It looks a little distorted or muddied, or as if the different areas of shading are clashing. Maybe karry can pin it down a little more, but overall it looks like the texture could be a bit neater/cleaner.

But seriously, great job so far, and especially for your first model. You seem to have grasped all the core concepts very easily, and I can tell you've put a lot off effort into it. Keep up the good work.

Thank you! Yes it is an HD texture (256 x 128 to be exact). It's not a polished texture by any means. The muddy feeling is because I've changed the model itself so many times the old texture doesn't really "fit" anymore. Whether it was rescaling boxes or moving texture maps around. I just need to redo the texture, but I didn't want to do that until I was sure the model itself was well-received.
By Omerta
Edeodin wrote:Thank you! Yes it is an HD texture (256 x 128 to be exact). It's not a polished texture by any means. The muddy feeling is because I've changed the model itself so many times the old texture doesn't really "fit" anymore. Whether it was rescaling boxes or moving texture maps around. I just need to redo the texture, but I didn't want to do that until I was sure the model itself was well-received.

Ok good, that's what I figured. You could also bump the texture up to 512 x 256 if you want to get it even more detailed. But again, great job on this model, and if that texture is unpolished I can't wait to see the polished one.
By karrybird
#11337 textures pretty good, but the model itself isn't perfect.
not sure why people aren't mentioning any of the clear flaws here :I

nidoran is short and stubby
kinda chunky too. these legs are waay too long. the head is also a lot smaller than it should be.
you're on the right track here, but lower him more towards the ground, make legs stumpier, and head bigger.

but other than the model issues, i'd say the texture is pretty good, but yes it is very dirty. if you are going to shade it, make it subtle, just enough to break it up and not look so flat. in some areas the shading is just a little too dark. but i think you do have more of an understanding of good textures than most. :)
but like others have mentioned, bump up the reolution as much as you can for the best detail.

and you didn't break any of the texture rules i have set in my tutorial post, +10 points for that!
JOIN THE TEAM