Is Tauros ready for approval?

100%
N/A
By Omerta
#11232 Ok, so I decided to take on that old Tauros model that Hiroku had found and make some minor adjustments to it, but by the time I got done just fixing the rotation points and getting everything in proportion I ended up with what is pretty much an entirely new model. I did, however, use the original as a base to build upon, so to whoever the original artist was, thanks for that.

Anyways, here's the original:
Spoiler:

And here's my new, updated version:
Spoiler:

I've hit the point where feedback would be much appreciated. Let me know what you guys think.

Update 1: I made the front legs bulkier and reduced the size of the back hips. The tails are also longer now and should be proportionally correct.
Old vs. New:
Spoiler:

Update 2: I beefed up the mane a bit as suggested.
Old vs. New:
Spoiler:

Edit: Added a poll for approval.

By MrMasochism
#11233 taurus is basically based off a bison and as such it's front legs need to be bigger than it's back legs and it needs reasonably big shoulders
By KuryoZT
#11239 I get it, it's the difference game right?
Honestly, only the legs look alike, awsome work, make the bottom smaller, the front will look bigger
By karrybird
#11241 "minor adjustments" HAH

i love this, definitely beats what i had planned :D
but it looks a bit too thin, mr. m is right, bison have big shoulders, beef him out a bit and it would look much better!
By Jack_Attack12
#11260 I agree with the above, but the head placement is a tiny pit to low. Try to raise it up a slight bit! Good job! love the model.
By SPG
#11264 After looking at a model, each tail is about the length from the end of the main to the start of the tail (if that made any sense) so if possible make the longer because they are very small right now
By Yaseen
SPG wrote:After looking at a model, each tail is about the length from the end of the main to the start of the tail (if that made any sense) so if possible make the longer because they are very small right now

U meant mane right? and I think its an awesome model but after looking at pictures of a bison xD I have to agree that that the front legs need to be quite a bit bulkier than the back ones
By Omerta
SPG wrote:After looking at a model, each tail is about the length from the end of the main to the start of the tail (if that made any sense) so if possible make the longer because they are very small right now

Yea that made sense (after a few read-throughs) so I'm thinking if I just add another segment to each tail it should bring it to about that proportion.

karrybird wrote:"minor adjustments" HAH

i love this, definitely beats what i had planned :D
but it looks a bit too thin, mr. m is right, bison have big shoulders, beef him out a bit and it would look much better!

Ha I know, what started out as minor adjustments turned into quite the opposite. I couldn't get myself to just retexture it and leave it be. I think I know how I'm going to beef up the front legs and make them look better at the same time because they look a little off to me anyways. I'll put an update out later today.
By Omerta
#11336 Updated the main post to show the alterations. Let me know if it needs more work.
JOIN THE TEAM