Is Deerling ready for approval???

100%
N/A
By _-WaffleCat-_
#110561 So this is the first model I've posted here on Pixelmon Forums. :) I had modeled a vulpix, but by the time I finished it and went to post it here there was already one ready for approval. :oops: Anyway, here I've modeled out deerling texture and all. I haven't done the shiny or alternate season textures yet; they will be added later on. I'm not sure if they could make deerling change color with the season/biomes or not, but here is the model. If I need to post more shots from different angles just tell me what ones and I will add them. ;)

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

EDIT:
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
Took off the texture and just did a "solid" render to show polys. :)

EDIT 2:
Spoiler:

ADDED TEXTURES:
Spoiler:
Here they are, all 8 textures! On top we have Spring, Summer, Autumn, and Winter. And on bottom we have Spring shiny, Summer shiny, Autumn shiny, and Winter shiny! Phew!

P.S. Does anybody have any tips for setting up the lighting in Blender? It always seems like my models are too dark or really shiny looking. :|

By joshua_DA
#110562 Is this your first model? (besides the vulpix) cause it looks nice!

make the flowers on her head fluffier and clean up some n-gons on her (most notably the body, neck and snout area) other than that, amazing work :)
By TheBootyEdition
#110580 Much wow lol,
Very good (first/second?) model dude.
Some minor things i noticed. Broaden where the ribs would be, and that should cancel out some of the skinniest in the body that im seeing, also rotate the flower on its head 180 and then make the petals fatter and bigger, slightly.

Also for lighting, put one lamp in (just anywhere you want the sun to be shining from) and go to the space properties off to the side (looks like a blue ball) and turn on Ambient Occlusion. And what the does and gives it a better render to where the light will bounce and hit where the darker spots would be, it may possibly take a longer period of time then compared to the normal render, but it's definitely worth the time taken.
By DarkDragon93
#110607 Hm cool but i would love to see all 4 texture (summer,automn,winter,spring) and Pixelmon guy who work with spawning can make winter one to spawn in snow biome,summer on plains etc.
By Arsonist
#110610 Nice! Very nice indeed!
The polycount in the chest and shoulders area might be a bit high, but i have to say i'm impressed :)
By poe376
#110673 Unrelated, but....your username shares the name of a meme my friends and I made. xD

Anyway, amazing work. Some of the best I've seen!
By Zilcor
#110734 Very impressive for a first model :D. Eyes look amazing too.
By _-WaffleCat-_
#110755 Thanks for all the wonderful feedback guys! :) This is technically my second model since I had vulpix pretty much done it just needed to go through feedback lol. I will start working on fixing the mistakes in the model right away and will have some new screens up soon :) Thanks TheBootyEdition for the tips on the lighting! Hopefully I can get it to render without crashing my computer XD. As for the textures I will start doing the alternate seasons and shiny versions when I have finished tweaking the model since it would be pointless to do the textures now, then edit the model and not have them line up correctly XD Thanks again everyone that left feedback, I worked hard on this model and want it to look its best for the mod :D
By _-WaffleCat-_
#110931 Updated with new screens. :)

@Baby_Drasyl1312 and DarkDragon93 I do plan on making the other season textures, just plan on finishing the model first. ;)
JOIN THE TEAM