By Endfea
#84532 Finally got some spare time to model, so much works to do, will keep this thread updated, though won't be very soon.

It's been awhile since I last model, so...
Here they are:

Mew | Show

Mew Side | Show

It looks really lonely with only one model, so here are 2 more simple models for now.

Diglett | Show

Dugtrio | Show

I will keep this thread updated for future models I make, so I don't have to make new topics every time, and maybe it'll help the web too, so it has fewer topics.
As this is the feedback section, these models here are just to make sure if they are what the mod wants.

I really hope I have more time to model, but unfortunately I don't.
On my next list is MewTwo.

By SPG
#84535 from the looks of it, you used a quick smooth in maya, can you press 1 on your keyboard to disable it so we can get a better look at it? because in its current state we will not take thme because it makes (mew at least) deformed
By Endfea
#84584 Yeah sure thing,
Mew | Show

Mew Side | Show

As for Diglett and Dugtrio... that's how they are without quick smooth,
though If you want, you could easily achieve the same look with smooth(not quick smooth), if you want.
By SPG
#84598 Ya, if that is how he normally is i wont approve it because its "too smooth" i know its dumb but its our rule
By Endfea
#84656 Oh I see, you guys wanna keep the tradition for "Blocky" model that Minecraft has, but not the quality from Techne.
There should be a rule topic stickied or something, or there is one already?
Good thing I haven't started anyone else.

This can easily be done then, I can Re-"Block" all the models.
Here are the models Blocktified:
Diglett | Show

Dugtrio | Show

Mew | Show

I guess I'm not gonna start anyone else until I get the style right.
By Sundial_MC
#84671 .-. Kay so.

Espeegee didn't literally mean "make it blocky", he'd never say that
Basically, try and keep your poly count as low as possible while still making the model look like what it's supposed to be.
Also, no smoothing things, MC won't take it in

eh
By Endfea
#84683 Yeah, that's what I did with Mew, reduced the polycount.
I didn't use any smoothing, but I did use a circle to start the model for diglett, so it does look smooth.

So here is the new Diglett
Diglett | Show

For Mew do I still need to reduce more polycount?

Thanks for the feedback, this is what I need, now at least I got some idea on what needed, low polycount, no smoothing.

But I spent too much time for these things already, so maybe it'll be awhile to make a new model,
I'll be able to reply though... or maybe some simple tasks, even though I shouldn't hahaha
By Xwaffle
#84837 When you did your re blocking it looks like it is a lot more relevant!
By Edeodin
#84847 I'd definitely agree that low poly and no smoothing is the right idea. I try to stick closer to 500 faces, with 1000 faces being the highest amount I'll go for some of the more detailed models. It really depends on how much detail the Pokemon has and how much you can afford to put into the texture. I'd say keep the model as simple as possible while still adding enough detail that it resembles the Pokemon is a pretty good rule to live by. Essentially, if you can afford to get rid of edge loops and still have the approximate shape of the Pokemon, then you should do it.

Above all, keep your own spin on it, too. I personally love to see other interpretations of the models rather than having a hyper-realistic look-alike. As long as the end product looks good and isn't super smooth, you'll be fine! Oh yeah and since you're a fellow Maya user, you can usually get rid of any smooth effects on your models by going Normals -> Harden Edge or Normals -> Set to Face. ;)
By Sundial_MC
Edeodin wrote:I'd definitely agree that low poly and no smoothing is the right idea. I try to stick closer to 500 faces, with 1000 faces being the highest amount I'll go for some of the more detailed models. It really depends on how much detail the Pokemon has and how much you can afford to put into the texture. I'd say keep the model as simple as possible while still adding enough detail that it resembles the Pokemon is a pretty good rule to live by. Essentially, if you can afford to get rid of edge loops and still have the approximate shape of the Pokemon, then you should do it.

Above all, keep your own spin on it, too. I personally love to see other interpretations of the models rather than having a hyper-realistic look-alike. As long as the end product looks good and isn't super smooth, you'll be fine! Oh yeah and since you're a fellow Maya user, you can usually get rid of any smooth effects on your models by going Normals -> Harden Edge or Normals -> Set to Face. ;)

Wait
How did I not know this

my god

thanks
JOIN THE TEAM