Ready To Hit Approval?

98%
2%
By lugiaisbeast101
iLikeBacon... wrote:Lapras looks amazing!!! Just one thing, which is hilarious, by the way. I saw a Lapras moonwalk.

XD What!? :lol: Can Lapras even walk??? XD

Thanks everyone, sorry about the texture, I'm practicing and can't seem to get it right :/ Hopefully I will, I also raged a few times and started another model. Lets see how this model, or should I say models, will come out...

By KuryoZT
#88600 Hell yeah.
Nice model, I love lapras!
But, I know you're not done, this is just my opinion and advices, don't take them badly.
I believe the shell not perfectly symmetrical is a nice idea, but maybe I'm too late, so it's okay, a symmetricshell isn't bad, at least Lapras gets and awsome model.
But don't forget the black spots, dem spots. And the beak, I can't see if you made it in the last update, but don't forget its cute little beak.
If it's not the word for it, I'm talking about its mouth, the upper jaw should go further out and bow down a little.=\ Kinda like that, not much though.

But it's nice to see ya try back at modelling, you did do some model right, I'm not mistaking it right?
By lugiaisbeast101
KuryoZT wrote:I believe the shell not perfectly symmetrical is a nice idea

Good because that's what I thought too, and I simply had it to what it was before. (It's a shell...........)

KuryoZT wrote:But don't forget the black spots

Yeah, I haven't forgotten, they are more like darker blue dots rather than black.

KuryoZT wrote: And the beak

You nearly gave me a heart attack! :D I thought to myself LAPRAS HAD A BEAK!!!!?????? Then I read the rest of the message and had a huge relief. The end of the moth was there, but it wasn't as out as it was, and I also felt that the bottom of the mouth should be a bit bigger.

How it was before

Now

There's really no difference, I just rendered it in two different ways (sorry) but as you can see I made the point more noticeable. (Not really sure if lapras does have a pointy end but I'll just leave as is in the picture.)

KuryoZT wrote:But it's nice to see ya try back at modelling, you did do some model right, I'm not mistaking it right?

Hahahahaha :lol: Yes I did do a model long before, but it came horrible compared to the standards at the time. I felt that I could do much better if I started from scratch, but spending 20+ hours experimenting and coming with that final product didn't reassure me.

KuryoZT wrote:I know you're not done, this is just my opinion and advice's, don't take them badly.

The thing is, your advice and others matter (most of the time at least), so don't think I'll take it badly. If one is wrong with their opinions, I'll simply state otherwise, given that your advice was helpful. I thank you for that, and I thank you for the compliment you've given me earlier as well :D
By riley11rules
#88690 Looks great but I think you need to redo the fins they look like nubs.
here's what Lapras's fins should look like!
Notice how they are thicker in the middle and then go smaller with a slight curve. It gives it a more sleek look :D

By Nokuse
#88811 Honestly this looks awesome I just wanna see it textured though I understand you don't really know how. Hopefully someone with the time and knowhow will take up the task.
By Nokuse
#89189 Gah I can't wait to see how this will look as a pygmy its beautiful.
By Hylindar
#94294 This looks great, really captures that magic that is lapras. Keep up the good work and improvement.
By Tanzakk
#94418 I agree with Hylindar, although, it would be better if you finished Lapras before continuing with Deoxys (or vice versa). It's a really bad habit to start something else halfway through a project, and completely drop the initial task.

Great work though!! Looking forward to seeing more soon.

Take care!!
By lugiaisbeast101
Tanzakk wrote:I agree with Hylindar, although, it would be better if you finished Lapras before continuing with Deoxys (or vice versa). It's a really bad habit to start something else halfway through a project, and completely drop the initial task.

Great work though!! Looking forward to seeing more soon.

Take care!!

I don't like texturing much as stated to you previously (different post), but I'll always make the corrections where asked to, like the fins. It's not that I dropped it, I will eventually get to texturing it at a later time (no rush right?). Once I finish deoxys, I'll stop modeling then do those pesky textures, ok? (Promise)
JOIN THE TEAM