Is it ready

89%
8%
4%
By SeductiveSmoke
Nickthelegend wrote:
captaincabbage wrote:I gotta say, as much as I love this new Charizard model, and the current in-game one, I just feel like Venusaur and Blastoise aren't getting enough love at the moment. I mean, the current Venusaur looks like it was his in the face with a shovel.

I know there's a replacement model that hopefully will be used in the future, I just hope it's sooner rather than later. ;P

As for this Charizard, it looks really fantastic, but do you think you could curve the wings somehow? In the sense that they look like they do atm, but would also arch forwards to a degree.I do understand this would be a pain in the arse for the 2D parts though.

I'm working on the wing texture to give them some depth but actually arching them might not be with the effort (time will tell). All the negative feed back I'm getting makes me realize how much work it still needs.

I really like your charizard. I only think it needs a small amount of tweaking.

I haven't really seen much positivity in this thread... I know we are supposed to give criticism, but compliments are needed here as well (Not looking at anyone specifically, some are doing great in that field).

Off topic slightly, but a few weeks back I was working on a dragon sculpture and some of my boyfriends' buds came by (This thing is far from complete) and all I heard was "It looks funny" "Very lopsided." "I could make a better dragon" etc. The difference was that I was not looking for criticism. I all but dropped that project because I don't have thick skin. Most artists are perfectionists. The point that I am trying to make, is I know that feel of "Shit man, this thing sucks". It doesn't suck as bad as you think, or at all. But, this is just one persons' opinion, and there is always room for improvement.

By kungfumidget
#7297 I personally really like this charizard I think that maybe the neck is a bit long but I still prefer this neck so thats one criticism I would give. Also maybe give a pattern on the wings but this isnt really needed it would just be nice.
By JakeValentine
#7600 His face reminds me of Daxter from Jak and Daxter. Or just. Daxter. But I think it's so much better than any other Charizard we've had. I hope this ones wings flap or somethin!
By Yaseen
Lugia wrote:Seriously, make the wings flappable and this is amazing. ... .

I actually didnt think about that, if u were able to do that it would make a for a possible really cool animation.
By Nickthelegend
Yaseen wrote:
Lugia wrote:Seriously, make the wings flappable and this is amazing. ... .

I actually didnt think about that, if u were able to do that it would make a for a possible really cool animation.

The wings connect to independent rotation points on the back I assumed that would be necessary for animation and at the very least to pose it so they didn't look so stiff.
JOIN THE TEAM