By Xwaffle
StopherSylvia wrote:Made the arms have the boney/armored look to them and fixed the placement of the toes.

Spoiler:

Essentially they are the same thing. Anyways, make them in a neutral position.

By StopherSylvia
Xwaffle wrote:
StopherSylvia wrote:Made the arms have the boney/armored look to them and fixed the placement of the toes.

Spoiler:

What do you think a neutral postion is than? I always go with arms straight out. On my Registeel, Regigigas, and Groudon. No one said anything about a the neutral postion I put them in.
By karrybird
StopherSylvia wrote:
Xwaffle wrote:

Spoiler:

What do you think a neutral postion is than? I always go with arms straight out. On my Registeel, Regigigas, and Groudon. No one said anything about a the neutral postion I put them in.

a neutral position would be the pose that it would make standing idle, in a natural, realistic stance. it really does bother me when i see people pose the pokes like this XD
i don't really understand why people pose them this way, they just look plain silly.
By Burgy
#73098 Most models are posed in the "t-pose" as it were, because during animation and game development (Not Minecraft)
It is the easiest way to rig the model.
However in Pixelmon we animate in a different way, so i can see the confusion.
By karrybird
Burgy wrote:Most models are posed in the "t-pose" as it were, because during animation and game development (Not Minecraft)

yeah that's what i meant, i knew you guys animated them differently. from what i can tell it just adds a bit more work to reposition the model before putting it in game.
By MrMasochism
karrybird wrote:
Burgy wrote:Most models are posed in the "t-pose" as it were, because during animation and game development (Not Minecraft)

yeah that's what i meant, i knew you guys animated them differently. from what i can tell it just adds a bit more work to reposition the model before putting it in game.

With obj models it's not all that much more work fortunately but yeah we tend to like a neutral standing stance
By StopherSylvia
#73153 Like I had said in other topics, I went off of the Blender animation process, I have no idea how Minecrafts animation is diffrent. Like Burgy said the T-pose makes rigging easier so I build my models this way out of instinct, but if it would save SPG and Zeecount some time I could reposition him when I get near my computer.
By Xwaffle
StopherSylvia wrote:Like I had said in other topics, I went off of the Blender animation process, I have no idea how Minecrafts animation is diffrent. Like Burgy said the T-pose makes rigging easier so I build my models this way out of instinct, but if it would save SPG and Zeecount some time I could reposition him when I get near my computer.

lol, recognition = 0. For some reason it save you time though SPG!
JOIN THE TEAM