By thevenora
#82947 Any word on the new Blender model being approved. It's been in approval for 2 days, during which no feedback or requests for changes have been made so I assume the model is up to scratch. Other models have been approved in last 2 days so was just wondering what the delay was on this one? I understand the pixelmon staff are working hard on 2.5 but just seems like this is being ignored. Apologies if there's a valid reason for point blank ignoring this model. Venusaur is my favourite starter so just thought I'd ask. Cheers!
By SPG
thevenora wrote:Any word on the new Blender model being approved. It's been in approval for 2 days, during which no feedback or requests for changes have been made so I assume the model is up to scratch. Other models have been approved in last 2 days so was just wondering what the delay was on this one? I understand the pixelmon staff are working hard on 2.5 but just seems like this is being ignored. Apologies if there's a valid reason for point blank ignoring this model. Venusaur is my favourite starter so just thought I'd ask. Cheers!

I need to give it feedback, a simple approved takes no effort at all but i need to be at my desktop to give feedback, something i havent been near a good chunck of my weekend
By thevenora
SPG wrote:
thevenora wrote:Any word on the new Blender model being approved. It's been in approval for 2 days, during which no feedback or requests for changes have been made so I assume the model is up to scratch. Other models have been approved in last 2 days so was just wondering what the delay was on this one? I understand the pixelmon staff are working hard on 2.5 but just seems like this is being ignored. Apologies if there's a valid reason for point blank ignoring this model. Venusaur is my favourite starter so just thought I'd ask. Cheers!

I need to give it feedback, a simple approved takes no effort at all but i need to be at my desktop to give feedback, something i havent been near a good chunck of my weekend

Which sounds all well and good until you take into account the fact that yesterday you approved 2 models (Shaymin Land and Shaymin Sky) while giving precisley zero feedback in thier relative Feedback topics. Plus they were both approved a mere 10 hours after approval being requested.

Now i guess its possible that you gave feedback via a format other than the Feedback topic, which renders the feedback topics pointless imo, but as you have had almost no access to your desktop as you have stated i fail to see how you Approve models without giving feedback, then say for a different model you must give feedback before giving Approval.

I love the Pixelmon Mod and everything its team are doing but just by being even a casual browser of these forums I can see that there is a lot of favoritsm when it comes to models.

Cheers!
By SPG
#82958 I give feedback when needed, when its posted in approval thats when im required to give it feedback to deny it, i dont need to give it feedback to approve it if the others have done that for me in the feedback section
By Edeodin
#82984 The Shaymin topics also have little critique from anyone, not just SPG. Besides, SPG's not the kind of person who is going to reiterate what has already been said unless he has something to add or contribute to existing feedback. There's no favoritism here, and if there was, it would actually be working in Harbinger's favour since we all (SPG included) love his work.

Anyway, I'm going to be giving feedback in SPG's place using a brief summary of the issues he had, and also add a bit of my own feedback while I'm at it.

The flower on his back looks a bit too tall. That could be because the stem extends too far, or possibly because the petals themselves don't drop far enough. The entire flower itself also maybe shouldn't be at an angle at all, since it looks like it might slide off his back at any second rather than protruding firmly from it. The ears also should face more to the front than they are right now. The concept art shows them not facing directly forward, but still angled enough in that direction that the outer edges of the ear are visible:
| Show

Oh yeah and SPG says to remind you it needs a female version before he can approve it, which as far as I can tell is just a matter of placing a little seed in the top of the flower like in the game sprites.

Also something about the profile view bugs me a bit. I think it's how his neck is built right now. The slope is too steep from his jaw to his stomach. I feel it should be more curvy, kind of like this:
| Show

Well, maybe not exactly like that, but just so the transition from head to stomach is more smooth. Anyway sorry I hadn't given you feedback on this earlier, Harbinger. Things are pretty busy. :(
By KuryoZT
thevenora wrote:
Which sounds all well and good until you take into account the fact that yesterday you approved 2 models (Shaymin Land and Shaymin Sky) while giving precisley zero feedback in thier relative Feedback topics. Plus they were both approved a mere 10 hours after approval being requested.

Now i guess its possible that you gave feedback via a format other than the Feedback topic, which renders the feedback topics pointless imo, but as you have had almost no access to your desktop as you have stated i fail to see how you Approve models without giving feedback, then say for a different model you must give feedback before giving Approval.

I love the Pixelmon Mod and everything its team are doing but just by being even a casual browser of these forums I can see that there is a lot of favoritsm when it comes to models.

Cheers!

Hey mate, nice point you got there, but let me tell you, you're wrong.
Now don't be hasty, I don't mean to offfend you, or just put you down in any way. But there's two things I'd like to make clear, and I say this in a casual way, I'm not the type to get angry, it's a rare thing for me to get angry, let me tell you.
Anyway, here's the two things I see wrong in your argument:

-Approving models without giving feedback.
I fail to see the problem, sorry. But if he thinks the models are good enough, why give more feedback to it? I personnaly hate, and I know he does too, the people just commenting on models to say one liners like "Wow, nice" or "I can't wait to this finished". Now I know the modelers who are hard at work might love to see some of those comments, but when it's just that kind of comments, then it's not feedback anymore. It's just "I made a model, shower me with love", you see what I mean?
So yeah, when they're ready, then they're ready, no need to push more and say it's good, a simple "approved" works wonder, fast, simple, clear.
But when he thinks they're not ready, that means he sees points that could still be improved. But SPG is someone clear, he comes out at full force, and I kinda do the same, I mean it's way simpler if you can explain in details and/or pictures. And especially SPG is much better at giving feedbacks, I just do it because I try my best at helping those actually working to make the mod better. I may have a colored name, but that's just for show, it's a simple title, and in my opinion not worth much, it just means I've been recognized as someone that helps moderate the forums, not the mod itself.
But that's getting off-topic, I hope you get at least that point.

-The second thing I'd like to comment on, would be the way you treated the Feedback section as useless.
Ok, they have some other ways to comment on models, and maybe those ways aren't shown to the public (like I use skype to someone talk to some, can you judge me on talking to some people I like to talk to? I don't think so)
Feedback section is there to give the community, and I mean ALL the community, the opportunity to help in some way, as little as it can be, the mod develop itself by helping modelers see things and little problems with the models that they might not see on their own. You might know already, but it's always harder to find the right balance in your creations. Some would say it's always harder to find faults, but I say sometimes, it's too simple and that's called being a perfectionnist, or a pessimist, but that's something else.
So, do you see what I mean with all that? I kinda feel offended you'd call that link between the community and the mod "useless". Don't get me wrong, I'm not angry, just not liking it, because I see it another way, in another light as you might do. And so, even though I don't model at all. I just give my humble opinion. Like I did with this post.
I sincerely hope you won't take this the wrong way, and if you're reading this part as well, then I guess you did not. Someone taking it personnally would have stopped at the second line, seeing the mass beyond.

So, thank you for reading this, and have a nice time on these forums, I'll see you later :) .

Oh, and for the "favoritism" part, did you think it that way: They've modeled more, and so have more experienced, so they already know the level of quality the mod wants. Or just they had better feedback, and so could get the quality more easily. ?

I always try to think outside the box, but I can't succeed every time, my accuracy aien't 100, XD
JOIN THE TEAM