Should I change the texture?

33%
67%
By karrybird
#47024 nice! this is definitely one of the better lickitungs i've seen. colors are near perfect, it's just the right size, but a few things do bother me a little.

you see in the side view where the inside of the mouth looks like it's protruding from it's face? it looks good from the front, but you really need to color the sides of that block the same pink as the face. the color of it could also be a bit duller, it contrasts with the pink a bit too harshly.
and with the tail, towards the base it slopes upwards way to drastically, try curving it out more by just a bit and i'd say it's ready for approval!

By karrybird
#47034 yes the mouth is much better, but you still need to change that tail.
By SubGenesis
#47044 Doing a black line to show a pinch in the tail where it bends back down could possibly make it look better, you could experiment around with that.
By Edeodin
#47178 Yes I love this lickitung! :D Really only two suggestions I could offer in terms of feedback though. It would be nice if his stomach markings wrapped around to the sides of his body so they were visible from the side. But that's a minor critique.

As for his tail, I'll go SPG on this one and whip out a 3D model.

Spoiler:

The tail is a bit stiff in yours, mostly just where it meets the back (as Karry mentioned) and towards the tip where it goes straight down. You could probably rotate those blocks at the tail's tip a bit inwards and it'd be fine. As for the part near his back, making the blocks go / all the way down to the back instead of / and | would help a lot. You might have to rotate the / block more so it goes further down though. He could maybe do with a bit more volume to the bottom of his tail as well right where it goes by the legs.

I imagine the tail is really frustrating you right now (I've been there :lol:) but keep playing around with it because this is seriously a great rendition of Lickitung! :)
JOIN THE TEAM