is this model ready to be approved?

100%
N/A
By karrybird
#2865 ok, i now feel bad, i made this model, and then i come here to post it and find that someone else already posted one of sandshrew... D:

i mean, i'll still post mine, i did spend quite a bit of time on it...but i still feel really bad

By karrybird
#2867 well alright then : ) do you think it would be alright if i tried making a sandslash too?
By SPG
#2869 go for it, no one else has, also, no opinion from me on this (yet) because currently, i have mix feelings about it, texture is gerat, dont get me wrong, but the texture cant save every model ya know?
By karrybird
#2870 ah yeah i understand, is the model itself not as detailed as you would like?
By SPG
#2871 cant put my finger on it, i'll come back to you in a day or so assuming some one doesnt say what i wanted to k? texture still looks amazing btw, should ask mr. m if you can give hd textures to some pokemon
By karrybird
#2875 ooh, i would love to that!
By Omerta
#2880 I love the texture on this, and it's definitely the best Sandshrew I've seen yet, but I think that with a little more work on the model it could be absolutely amazing. SPG is right, it's kinda hard to pinpoint exactly what needs to be done. I think that the model overall looks too...fat, I guess, and I think that's mainly because the shape isn't rounded enough. My suggestion would be to begin removing all the corners of the body cubes using angled blocks. Try starting with the belly. It looks to be about 6 blocks wide or so right now, so try making it only 3 or 4 blocks wide. Then use two blocks for the sides of that main block, angled at 45 degrees to give the belly a rounded shape. I would love to see a picture of that, and if that looks like it will solve the problem I would suggest doing it for the back and head as well. Even without those changes it would still be a good model to see in-game, but maybe give them a shot.

Oh and I agree with SPG, you should definitely talk to Mr. M about redoing the textures on some of the existing models. You're insanely good with those hd textures.
By karrybird
#2881 yeah i see exactly what you mean, but my style, aside from the textures, is a bit more simplistic, i don't really like to overhaul on adding the blocks to make something appear more round or what have you.
i probably won't edit this one, (it took me long enough to get it to this point as it is now!) but i will definitely take your advice to heart with future models! :)
actually, now that i think about it, i WAS trying something like you suggested earlier here, but i hated how it was turning out and i was over complicating the whole thing...so i went more simplistic with it :)
By Omerta
#2882 That's perfectly fine with me, I'd be content seeing this approved. I'd love to just get Sandshrew into the game. I think simplistic models are fine if they're done well like this one is. If someone thinks they can do better later they can always go back and try their own, but I think the texture alone is enough to keep this one around for a good long while.
JOIN THE TEAM