By aasherknight
#32933 Alright, since my hoothoot model got deleted somehow I decided to start on a new project.
Porygon! This (as the title implies) is a work in progress. The texture was just something I threw together just to test how to use hd textures.

Spoiler:

Update 5 (smoothing the head)
Spoiler:

Current Model:

By Jephon
#33102 looking good! Keep it up!

Edit: note that you will be competing against this one for the model to be in the game:
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=2859

you got it though. ;)
By aasherknight
#33138 The head was by far the most annoying thing to do on this thing...

That being said I am probably going to go back and work on making a spot for the eyes. Just wanted to get some feedback on the way I'm doing the head before I go any further.

Spoiler:
By KuryoZT
#33366 The only thing I find not so good right now is the staircase effect, but that's just me, I can't stand it.
Awsome model though.
What do you mean deleted? In your computer? Don't you have some backups? Techne usually have one, somewhere.
By aasherknight
#33445 I'm not even sure how it got deleted either, and I checked the backups but it wasn't there.

Only reason I'm doing the steps is because after countless hours of trying to smooth that head I gave up and went with that XD
By karrybird
aasherknight wrote:I'm not even sure how it got deleted either, and I checked the backups but it wasn't there.

Only reason I'm doing the steps is because after countless hours of trying to smooth that head I gave up and went with that XD

i hate to tell you this, but i know how spg is, he would never approve this with the steppy look. just a heads up, so i suggest trying to find another way to go about it.
it also just doesn't look right, porygon has nice smooth surfaces, this technique would never work with it. other pokemon might be able to get away with it, but not porygon.

i had trouble with the head too when i was modeling porygon, so i just went with a texture to cover the sides of the head. not the most practical way to do it, but it sorta works.
By karrybird
jsnbrown1989 wrote:looking good! Keep it up!

Edit: note that you will be competing against this one for the model to be in the game:
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=2859

you got it though. ;)

just to let you know, my model is already in game. i never updated the pics in that topic so yeah it looks pretty bad there. but i did fix everything i could and looks loads better.
JOIN THE TEAM