Is Machop ready for approval?

100%
N/A
By Edeodin
#25448 So this has taken much longer than it should to do, and I'm still not happy with it. But I figured I might as well post what I have so far and get some help. Basically I've spent all week trying to get the head nice and round, but that area behind the eyes and forehead just refuses to play nice. I've tried dozens of different approaches, even deleting the area and starting from scratch a few times, but it always looks either wrong or just tumorous. Really frustrated with it, and I'm at the point where I don't know what to do anymore.

So lay some feedback on me because this definitely isn't approval ready yet.

Spoiler:

UPDATE 1

Spoiler:

UPDATE 2
Spoiler:

By DutchKroket
#25450 Holy shit dude 0_0 this looks so damn epic!
By Jack_Attack12
#25452 Uggh such an ugly pokemon you have made look great! Only thing is he looks like a duck with his lips pushed out like that! lol. Great job
By Edeodin
Jack_Attack12 wrote:Uggh such an ugly pokemon you have made look great! Only thing is he looks like a duck with his lips pushed out like that! lol. Great job

He's just perfecting his duck face for when he becomes Machamp!
By karrybird
#25458 this is a great model, don't get me wrong (best i've seen of this thing) but two things really should be considered.
you see how in the artwork that ridge for the mouth is just barely noticeable? it looks way too prominent in this model. make it slightly less noticeable, and it will look much better!

and second, you see how he is actually pretty skinny? he looks a bit too chunky in the model, especially in his chest area. thin him out and you've got yourself an awesome model!
By Edeodin
karrybird wrote:this is a great model, don't get me wrong (best i've seen of this thing) but two things really should be considered.
you see how in the artwork that ridge for the mouth is just barely noticeable? it looks way too prominent in this model. make it slightly less noticeable, and it will look much better!

and second, you see how he is actually pretty skinny? he looks a bit too chunky in the model, especially in his chest area. thin him out and you've got yourself an awesome model!

Well his pelvis is supposed to be a tad chunky, but yeah it should taper more as it reaches the chest. Both of those are easy fixes though.
By LightAdept
#25487 If needed, feel free to make it bigger, remember, make it any size needed, we can scale it down when its done.
By BamfkingJDM
#25505 Looks great, I think you really gave him a bad flat top hair cut however. Which imo makes him look a bit too serious, I always felt machop was a bit light-hearted. Also agree about the lips as well.

Might need to fix the face as well. (Hope this helps the frustration, I've always found projects easier to do when I have a laugh or take break)
By Yaseen
#25509 oh wow this looks awesome, best model of Machop that ive ever seen tho the lips look a little funny
By Vikerus
#25515 The way you shaded him it seems like he just got out of a cave XD

Like karry said the texture is just a little too "dirty" and the lip looks just a tad derpy.

But I do notice that his upper arm is positioned funny in relation to his shoulder and elbow. It just looks really odd. Almost like he would have bingo wings in a couple of years lol. Also the hands are a bit big or something. They need some revising.
JOIN THE TEAM