Is Graveler ready for approval?

41
95%
2
5%
User avatar
By Foquine
#2046 This Graveler is awesome! But are those arms done so they would be movable?

Also, maybe the black lines should be a little paler so it isn't too cartoonish.
By Omerta
#2057
Foquine wrote:This Graveler is awesome! But are those arms done so they would be movable?

Also, maybe the black lines should be a little paler so it isn't too cartoonish.

Both sets of arms could be animated if someone has the patience. The lower arms are just in that position in case they don't need to be animated.

I'm definitely going to add more bumps based on feedback, but i'll probably keep the black outlines as they are. I'll try making them more pale to see if it works, but they're there to prevent those areas from just blending in with the rest of the model and getting lost in it all.

Haunts wrote:Best thing I've seen since butter on toast, but my only complaint is, the color seems off, in the sprites and later anime, it's depicted as a grey similar to geodudes, It's shiny however looks like it's made of mud, so if this was put into tha game as is, it would look very similar to it's eventual shiny form.

With the color there are definitely two very different shades in the pictures I looked at. The current color is based off images like this:
Image
I think I'll try changing it to grey though to see if you guys like that better.
User avatar
By Haunts
#2065 that's why I said later anime :) I knew you had based it off of the earlier ones, but it really doesn't matter, it might just be my preference, and just asking, how long did this take you? a year?
By Omerta
#2085
Haunts wrote:that's why I said later anime :) I knew you had based it off of the earlier ones, but it really doesn't matter, it might just be my preference, and just asking, how long did this take you? a year?

No no not that long at all. From start to finish about 5 days. I had a lot of help with feedback from people like SPG and Skibb during that time though so it made the process move along much more quickly.
By Omerta
#2141 Ok Haunts I've edited the original message to include a more grey texture, along with the original and shiny for reference, and a poll to decide between the two. Let me know what you guys think.
By smegskull
#2200 what about mixing the colours so the arms are slightly tan but the body is grey?
User avatar
By SPG
#2212
smegskull wrote:what about mixing the colours so the arms are slightly tan but the body is grey?

That would look weird
By Omerta
#2291 Updated main post with final pictures and a poll for approval.
User avatar
By Pokenerd8
#2298 anyone that doesnt approve of this is blind or a fanboy for minecraft blocks :U YOU ARE THE BEST MODELER I MUST SAY!!
By Yaseen
#2626 I call hax xD, great model
JOIN THE TEAM