By Scrotty
Overreactedosbol wrote:Yeah Im the one responsible for putting the current tangela model in the game, and as Im completely new with blender I have no idea of the difference between triangular faces and others and what the consequences are concerning animations. Ill show other techne models as soon as I get back on my pc.

See that?

So, you're saying you don't know anything about Blender but you just opened it up and made this by carrying over your experience from Techne?

By Overreactedosbol
#184718 Exactly. I did however make use of the modelling tutorials and the blender wiki. Im really sorry if it sounds suspocious but it is not at all ripped. Is there perhaps a clear way I can show you that I didnt rip it?
By Scrotty
Overreactedosbol wrote:Exactly. I did however make use of the modelling tutorials and the blender wiki. Im really sorry if it sounds suspocious but it is not at all ripped. Is there perhaps a clear way I can show you that I didnt rip it?

The idea that you made this solely off of the experience you gained from using Techne is ludicrous imo. Upon checking it myself it's clearly a very simple program basically stacking cubes to make it look like something. No offense to Techne modelers, but even it's 5.66kb size total is evident to that.

So in general, there is no 3D modeling experience to be gained by using that program as far as I can see. So just popping into Blender and making a model of this quality immediately after switching is impossible.

I think you're lying about the blender tutorials since as I said, no modeler would ever make a model like this and your model would look much different if you had gone through those tutorials.

So far, you have made no progress to proving your legitimacy imo. Only creating less and less reason for doubt.

As far as proving your model isn't ripped goes? Not any that I can really think of.

*Edit: Oh, and he contradicted himself by saying he was completely new to blender but now he says he went through the tutorials.*
By Il_Lupo
#184734 How about remaking the model (sorry about the extra work that goes into this...) and filming yourself do it? I trust you, but there have been a lot of model-fakers, and the forums are a little suspicious right now :(
By Scrotty
Il_Lupo wrote:How about remaking the model (sorry about the extra work that goes into this...) and filming yourself do it? I trust you, but there have been a lot of model-fakers, and the forums are a little suspicious right now :(

Yeah, that might work. But only if it's done in like a day from now or something because I mean, to save face they could go through the tutorials in a week or so then legitly make the model and it turning out nothing like this.

Also, I'd like to rephrase what you said. Only submissions that are suspicious are thereby questioned. No one's going around calling out every person that submits something here like some kind of bully. It's also a necessity to be on the look out at all times, not just right now.
By Il_Lupo
#184747 I wasn't suggesting anyone here was a bully- though you have been antagonistic in this instance. Let's assume that the OP is a good modeller and has a great grasp on 3-dimensional space and how to manipulate it, considering their past in Techne (which is a far, far more difficult program to use than Blender or Maya) and that they are fully capable of remaking the model. I look forward to seeing the proof of their ability :)
By Overreactedosbol
#184792 First of all, I understand where you are coming from seeing the many ripped models that get submitted here. Secondly, here's the official model and mine side by side, with mine being the left one. Do you really think I would go through all that mess of editing a ripped model rather than creating it on my own? And yes, I do have an excellent sense of 3d space, thanks for trusting in my capabilities and if you don't believe me I'm really sorry but I'm continuing on my model rather than creating a new one, because remaking it is bollocks to me when I have already made such a nice model.
Attachments
omanytecomp.png
By Overreactedosbol
#184793 Here's also an array of Techne models I made, in case you wanted to see them aswell.
A wind pet, currently being featured in the elemental witches mod:
windelemental.png

I think we all know this one:
tangela.png

Its evolution which didn't get accepted because at the time pixelmon switched to smooth 3d models (via the official techne website): http://techne.zeux.me/4d07bfd8
An unfinished worg model for a project I worked on:
worg.png
JOIN THE TEAM