By FelisVulpes
#174341 Only my second ever model... a lot more complicated than my Surskit o.o

Worried it make have too many polys? I tried to keep it as low as I could. Body parts may need to be smooshed together...

(Also, not sure why it's displaying a rip in the nose, 'cause it ain't doin' that in Blender.)

Gyarados by FelisVulpes on Sketchfab

EDIT: THE ABOVE IS THE OLD MODEL! I've done some updates since.

Gyarados by FelisVulpes on Sketchfab

I hope this is a bit better! :)

By MrMasochism
#174364 I'm not a fan of the body. Gyarados doesn't really have a set of spheres as his main body. They are quite differently shaped in most art
By FelisVulpes
#174365 Hiya, thanks for the feedback. I was using this Image as a reference, and that's used on the pokemon wikia. It has his body as squished up spheres, as did many other of the images I saw. In fact almost all of them. Most of the detail is in his texturing so I didn't know what else to do :/
By Aviriix
#174367 I think the Gyarados looks great! I think when the body segments are put a bit closer together, like you stated in your earlier post, the body will look amazing. I'm not a modeller though, so don't quote me on that :p
By MrMasochism
FelisVulpes wrote:Hiya, thanks for the feedback. I was using this Image as a reference, and that's used on the pokemon wikia. It has his body as squished up spheres, as did many other of the images I saw. In fact almost all of them. Most of the detail is in his texturing so I didn't know what else to do :/

I was also basing my comments on that image, if you look more closely they are much more squished up than your model which really means they aren't spheres at all, more they are spherical protrusions for scales
By Megraptor
#174432 I think the tail base could be a be thicker. Maybe it taper out somehow. I'm not sure how the fin part would work though... In the art work, it looks like it isn't a super thin thing, it looks like it tapers from being as think as the last segment to being thing.
JOIN THE TEAM