By Bumpythedog1
#17263 I've been working for a few days on a new model, just randomly on and off.

Basically, I noticed, looking around the forum, that models for later gens can't be accepted until the Gen 1 is finished, so I decided to give one of the remaining models for Gen 1 a shot, and chose Magmar.

I think I'm done with the actual model itself now, but this is only a temporary texture for it. I plan to go back and redo the texturing to make it look less bland.

But first I wanted some input, to see what I should and shouldn't fix. So without any further ado, here's my Magmar model.

Spoiler:

I think I need to change the mouth; looks kinda strange to me. Also, the fire textures seem to be messing up in Techne... not really sure if it's my fault or the program's. The "scales" on his arms probably also need some work; probably just some alternate angling to make it harder to see his arm underneath, as it is in the games.

I know that it looks blocky; I was kinda going for that. I like the idea of Pokemon looking blocky in minecraft, since it makes them seem to "belong" a bit more, at least in my opinion.

The only other thing that comes to mind is that the "lumps" over Magmar's eyes also seem off. I may go back and experiment with it more. Well, I guess I should make the shoulders a little larger, too.

Still, whether it's good quality or not, I'm personally proud of this; easily the best model I've done so far.

So let me know what you think I should change and whatnot. I can take constructive criticism, so don't hold back for my sake!

By Bumpythedog1
#17271 Really? Strange, it works on my computer.

Umm, don't really know how to fix if I don't know what's wrong...
By kungfumidget
#17293 Yeah the model looks good, but I think you will need to properly texture it to see what everyone else thinks
By xWildxManx
#17323 Looks great!
But, make his feet and legs smaller
By Sundial_MC
Xwaffle wrote:Them feet.

It's a Hobbit descendant Magmar
By xWildxManx
Sundial_MC wrote:
Xwaffle wrote:Them feet.

It's a Hobbit descendant Magmar

Lol
By Seongyun
#18689 I like it but the head look kinda weird but beside that it look fine!
JOIN THE TEAM