By ZM11
#154469 SO.
I decided to remake Doduo since I thought the old one looked weird. I'm considering doing Dodrio as well.
Cheers.
ZM11
Ps. I don't know how to animate :-(

Doduo by zm11 on Sketchfab

By dyinghere
#154537 Could you upload the file to SketchFab and post it? It helps people get a much better look than just screenshots could!
By JamieS1211
#154567 You don't need to animate or texture. If your mesh is good enough then it will be textured by the team if you don't texture it or if your texture isn't satisfactory. Then Zeecount or I will animate it.
By xanderindalzone
#154574 :-( I dont mean to dissappoint you but the model has lots of bad stuff:

-Too poly
-Seems that you've used diferent meshes to make the model.
-Legs are completely cylindric and arent conected to the knee.
-The neck doesnt starts in the center of the body.
-Heads are a bit small.
-Eyes look like a teddy bear's eyes.
-The beak isnt open (it has no mouth).

These are the main things i've spotted, a modeler i supposed that will tell you the same as I did, cuz i've been modelling a lot and I 90% know when something is wrong in a model.

Dont be dissapointed, I had a bad start too but with lots of tutorials you can make your models better ;-)
By xanderindalzone
#154578 jajajaj good lord XD ... for a doduo shouldnt have more than 600-700...

my mega rayquaza has 2k cuz its huge and has lots of details but doduo is much more simple... if you want i can send you my very first model(it was a complete junk XD) in sketchfab
By SPG
#154583 Sometimes it doesn't have to be one mesh, it depends on what it is. The knees need to be one mesh. But the nature of the legs and neck they dont have to connect with the body, especially since the spikes would hide it anyways
By JamieS1211
#154591 As far as I am concerned when I am animating I want all moving parts to be all part of one mesh. Any small feature like warts or horns can be separate meshes. Otherwise I think things just looks bad because of attachment area clipping/cleaving and body deformation. Also for the neck you will need to add about 6 rings vertically to the neck. If it is all one face up the height it can't be deformed in the correct way.
JOIN THE TEAM