By GraphicalCheese
#129670 Well, This is another old one of mine, worked pretty hard tonight trying to get the stupid textures to work in the 3D viewer thing, all is good. Here are my two Dugtrio models!

Normal:

Shiny:

By TyfE
#130706 Looks pretty spot on, polycount is good, I really don't have anything bad to say about this.

On a separate note, I wonder if it would be possible to apply the texture of whatever block diglet/dugtrio is on, onto the ground part of his model. It would improve my immersion a lot lol. And I can't see it being too too difficult. Maybe an addition like that over new pokemon or moves would be poor prioritisation though lol.
By GraphicalCheese
TyfE » 10 Jul 2014, 22:15 wrote:Looks pretty spot on, polycount is good, I really don't have anything bad to say about this.

On a separate note, I wonder if it would be possible to apply the texture of whatever block diglet/dugtrio is on, onto the ground part of his model. It would improve my immersion a lot lol. And I can't see it being too too difficult. Maybe an addition like that over new pokemon or moves would be poor prioritisation though lol.

That's actually a great idea, the only thing I could think of to do it is that they made like..... A new diglett for each biome and each one has a different base texture. But then again... They only spawn in the desert-ish biomes don't they?
By TyfE
#131011 As a coding noob with absolutely minimum coding knowledge, I would think of it detecting the block it is on, then if it's grass apply the grass_top texture etc.
The ground part would have to be separate to the actual diglett part though I imagine, which is where it would get really complicated.

Well they spawn underground too don't they but apart from that I think it is just desert. When the model is in the game I might recolour the ground part to a sand colour and see what I think hehe
JOIN THE TEAM