By TheBootyEdition
#119208 To be completely honest, i really do think that there should be 2 wings on each side for the sitting position.
A. to make it easier for me to texture, to add more detail and make it as accurate as possible
B. because he literally has 2 wings on each side
By karrybird
HowlingCoyote wrote:But birds don't fly with their feet all spread out either (wouldn't be very aerodynamic) so if he's flying maybe curl the feet under?

there's like zero actual flying zapados pictures but you get my point. ouo

this is definitely how it should be. no bird, not even a pokemon, can fly with their feet sticking out like that.
By TheBootyEdition
SPG wrote:2A. Its how its supposed to be, his second wing doesn't extrude out because zapdos is weird

But there still are 2 wings on each side, just cause it doesn't look like its extruded out in the movie doesn't mean it cant be, it would be logical to have 2 wings on each side for the sitting position just cause the flying position has it,
I say make a second wing and ever so slightly, make a gap between the 2 wings.. just to see how it looks. and if it doesn't go with the bird then throw the idea in the garbage
By SPG
#119218 Woah woah woah
Did you just try bringing logic into this? Its a bird with 4 wings that dont bend, it logically cant even have a resting position if you use logic
By poe376
SPG wrote:Woah woah woah
...logically cant even have a resting position if you use logic

It illogically can have a resting position.
.....if you don't use logic, that is.

Looking at that reference picture, the feet look a tad too big.
By TayTay714
TheBootyEdition wrote:
TayTay714 wrote:I think the head and beak are fine

Oops, didn't see the post above mine *awkward* :roll: :?
By HowlingCoyote
karrybird wrote:
HowlingCoyote wrote:But birds don't fly with their feet all spread out either (wouldn't be very aerodynamic) so if he's flying maybe curl the feet under?

there's like zero actual flying zapados pictures but you get my point. ouo

this is definitely how it should be. no bird, not even a pokemon, can fly with their feet sticking out like that.

I believe he said they're only out for rigging purposes, but being someone who knows nothing about rigging I don't know exactly how that would work.. would it be a transition animation? Or would it just suddenly start flying once off the ground like the birds are right now in game which would require a model fix of the feet?
By HowlingCoyote
SPG wrote:Woah woah woah
Did you just try bringing logic into this? Its a bird with 4 wings that dont bend, it logically cant even have a resting position if you use logic

Since when has pokemon had much logic? :P
JOIN THE TEAM