By Jack_Attack12
#11490 Spg may be harsh and a bit... "straight to the point" but honestly he is one of the best mod on the forums

But i like the gen 1 mewtwo look better!! Great job. Love it

By billy
#11580 I've always been a fan of the older generations depiction of Mewtwo model over the newer gen. This is an awesome model when it comes to portraying that. Kudos to you.
By LightAdept
#11581 As much as i want to not take sides, im going with Karry and SPG on this one. Sorry Mr.M. But as it is, hunched over and "disfigured" isnt going to be taken well from most of the community. Mewtwo, for most of the community, is a powerhouse, a badass, and the strongest psychic type in the game (in terms of special attack). Also, being hunched over like that, i'm not sure how it can be animated. As it is, it'll most likely just slide around, which will look weird as hell (and dont bring up current models, we're working on animated them all). The best way to probably do mewtwo would be like mew, Floating. So standing upright, with his legs in sort of limp below him. That would be best to me. But again, this is all subjective to what each person likes. All in all, its a great model and i look forward to seeing more of your work.
By Jumpyporcupine
#11623 I'm a little on both sides here. The crouched position makes him look menacing and dangerous, but the only reason why he looked like that was to due to the fact that the original game boy had too small of a screen to show any real height differences. I mean Look at the height differences over the years.
By Zoom
#11626 While this is a really good model, it almost looks like the hunchback of notre dame. If you are only going to be able to obtain on of a pokemon it should not only be extremely powerful but extremely beautiful as well. The crouching form of mew two is nice but as Jumpy posted. The Ruby+ version looks so much better.
By billy
#11635 As I stated before, I love this model. The crouched position gives it an ominous feel and it's a refreshing reference to the older games. That being said, with Mewtwo I don't believe that basing the sprite off of the game is a very good idea. >gen 1 sprites have been just dreadful. When I envision Mewtwo, I can't help but envision that badass pokemon in the armor working with Giovanni. However, I'm not saying add that (even though that would make a unique side feature or something, I dunno). I just added the pictures because (I believe)the anime and, in some instances, the card game gives a better portrayal of him. Just my opinion.
By Mundus
#11671 Firstly, I'd like to thank you all for the opinions you've shared with me. I'm really happy to hear that I'm not alone in appreciating the earlier design (and honestly, I wouldn't mind a tribute to every Gen 1 sprite). Well, maybe except Machoke, he looks like the king of derp. I understand that the majority of Poke'mon players today were introduced to it after Generation 1. I don't know the exact numbers, age range, or anything like that, but I do know that encountering that fugly mutant at the bottom of a cave for the first time was a truly unique experience for me- that experience just so happened to be in that generation; so there's a little nostalgia attached to it, ugly as it is. I generally don't like getting caught up much in aesthetics, and I know that's almost impossible to do in the art world, since it's nothing but. I made it this way out of sentimentality in the hopes that the sentiment would be shared, and I'm glad that it has.
Secondly, I do not want to come off as having disdain for the new design. I think it's much more aesthetically appealing and polished. It's very interesting to see how the design has changed over the years, as jumpyporcupine and billy have shown. The general trend seems to be smaller head, longer shins, and thinner arms; making him look tall and sentient.
Finally, it appears that there are mixed feeling about where the design should go. I'm not saying that everyone has mixed feelings, some do, but rather that some people like one or the other. I definitely don't want to take away their preference (and I don't really fool myself into thinking I can, since someone else will just model it to match their preference anyways), and I really would get so much personal and vicarious gratification out of seeing this model in the game. If it were up for negotiation, and I don't want to assume it is, but if it were or can be how would having 2 different models in the game sound (assuming that they are both polished and objectively well done relative to the goal of the model). There are a few reasons I'm suggesting this. Aside from both parties being pleased (the genwunners and the aesthetiphiles-hope that's not too derogatory), I noticed that there are multiple sizes for current models in game. I realize that it could open a potential floodgate of "What about my model being in game too to add variety" and the animators and coders would probably view me as a plague-bringer, which is why I'm completely open to the idea.
By lugiaisbeast101
Mundus wrote:Firstly, I'd like to thank you all for the opinions you've shared with me. I'm really happy to hear that I'm not alone in appreciating the earlier design (and honestly, I wouldn't mind a tribute to every Gen 1 sprite). Well, maybe except Machoke, he looks like the king of derp. I understand that the majority of Poke'mon players today were introduced to it after Generation 1. I don't know the exact numbers, age range, or anything like that, but I do know that encountering that fugly mutant at the bottom of a cave for the first time was a truly unique experience for me- that experience just so happened to be in that generation; so there's a little nostalgia attached to it, ugly as it is. I generally don't like getting caught up much in aesthetics, and I know that's almost impossible to do in the art world, since it's nothing but. I made it this way out of sentimentality in the hopes that the sentiment would be shared, and I'm glad that it has.
Secondly, I do not want to come off as having disdain for the new design. I think it's much more aesthetically appealing and polished. It's very interesting to see how the design has changed over the years, as jumpyporcupine and billy have shown. The general trend seems to be smaller head, longer shins, and thinner arms; making him look tall and sentient.
Finally, it appears that there are mixed feeling about where the design should go. I'm not saying that everyone has mixed feelings, some do, but rather that some people like one or the other. I definitely don't want to take away their preference (and I don't really fool myself into thinking I can, since someone else will just model it to match their preference anyways), and I really would get so much personal and vicarious gratification out of seeing this model in the game. If it were up for negotiation, and I don't want to assume it is, but if it were or can be how would having 2 different models in the game sound (assuming that they are both polished and objectively well done relative to the goal of the model). There are a few reasons I'm suggesting this. Aside from both parties being pleased (the genwunners and the aesthetiphiles-hope that's not too derogatory), I noticed that there are multiple sizes for current models in game. I realize that it could open a potential floodgate of "What about my model being in game too to add variety" and the animators and coders would probably view me as a plague-bringer, which is why I'm completely open to the idea.

I don't know about all of that stuff but the Mew two looks great, and in the anime it's more portrayed to be an athletic Pokémon, that's all right, but...........anyway would love to see this model in game, only problem is animating it in that stance.
By Jack_Attack12
#11763 Over, give him some lee way. Yes he was out of line... Though he spent many hours on this and got it throwin back in his face. In my opinion i love the gen 1 mewtwo... so i love this model.
JOIN THE TEAM