By siverthei
#110103 I'm looking for some feedback on this model of Cloyster. I haven't had time to texture him yet. I'm a bit worried that It has too many polys.

Spoiler:

Update: #1:

Made the head/pearl larger
Spoiler:

Update #2:

Added some colors:
Spoiler:

Update #3:
Without texture:
Spoiler:

With texture:
Spoiler:

Update #4:
Shiny:
Spoiler:

Update #5:
Spoiler:

By Gweav1117
#110230 could you add some more straight on angles for like the face, side, and back.
By USERNAME532
#110252 what did you use to create this? Blender? (no this is NOT an insult)
By SPG
USERNAME532 wrote:what did you use to create this? Blender? (no this is NOT an insult)

yes, they used blender
By siverthei
Gweav1117 wrote:could you add some more straight on angles for like the face, side, and back.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand 100% what you mean I should do. Could you try to explain another way?

USERNAME532 wrote:what did you use to create this? Blender? (no this is NOT an insult)

Yes I used Blender just as SPG said. I'm too lazy to get Maya and IMHO it's a bit overkill for this kind of work (Even though I have to say the models made with Maya often looks a lot better than the ones made with blender)
By Arsonist
#110392 Both maya and blender have the potential to make great things. It all depends on the modeller's skill with the program.
So Maya's only better if you're better with it. If you're better with blender, then blender's better.
This was made in blender. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRsGyueVLvQ
By siverthei
#110404 I have to agree with you. I should probably have thought a bit more about what I was saying. Both Blender and Maya are great programs that you can use to create amazing things with.
JOIN THE TEAM