Is my Model Ready? (please say yes ;3 )

82%
18%
By karrybird
#13824 the black in the texture is infuriating me right now, please make it easier to look at :( (i.e. dark grey on body and darker/duller shade of yellow on the belly)
and yes, the face is waaaaay too wide. the bottom jaw is too thin for the current head size and is definitely an unnatural size.
and, the nostrils are SUPPOSED to be the same, it's like that in nature, and it's like that in pokemon. if anything, it just looks awful when it's uneven like you made it...
the shading also looks sloppily done, definitely doesn't go with the model at all, try to make it lighter and more cohesive.
it's like, the body is really good, but the head needs a desperate makeover... so please don't start on a shiny texture yet...

By Vikerus
karrybird wrote:the black in the texture is infuriating me right now, please make it easier to look at :( (i.e. dark grey on body and darker/duller shade of yellow on the belly)
and yes, the face is waaaaay too wide. the bottom jaw is too thin for the current head size and is definitely an unnatural size.
and, the nostrils are SUPPOSED to be the same, it's like that in nature, and it's like that in pokemon. if anything, it just looks awful when it's uneven like you made it...
the shading also looks sloppily done, definitely doesn't go with the model at all, try to make it lighter and more cohesive.
it's like, the body is really good, but the head needs a desperate makeover... so please don't start on a shiny texture yet...

I agree with this all. That face is freaking me out.
By Edeodin
#14130 I like the body on this, though I do agree there is something off about the head. The wideness is partially because the face blocks are rotated too far out. Reducing that rotation would be a good start! Also, the front of the face is too flat. Rhydon's nose curves outwards, but here it just goes back in right after the horn. The nostril block could be angled outwards instead of inwards just so you get more of a roundness to the end of the face.

As with the texture, the problem with pure black is that it completely flattens out an image. As Karrybird said, darker tones of the base colours would help with that. But actually, I'm just wondering about the random black marks on the stomach. It should just be the horizontal lines that define Rhydon's stomach, like what you've done with the horn but more curvy. The other lines feel out of place.

I do like where this is going though, so kudos! :3
By Otakufiend
#14187 Is this better? I have no idea what I was thinking when I said it looked off when I had it uneven. Maybe I was too close to the work and other eyes could see what I could not.

Spoiler:
RHYDONnose.png

May start on Rhydon's Evolved form...
By karrybird
#14192 ok, you see, those lighter lines are much easier to look at! :)
now, once all those awful black lines are gone, this model would look great!

but one more thing, the blocks that the eyes are on, how can i explain this...the top of those blocks should be rotated closer to the center of the face..to give it more of an even look rather than an oddly caving-in kind of look.

other than that, i'd say that little change greatly improved the quality of the model now :)
By Otakufiend
#14403 Shadow rhydon concept for the heck of it (was messing around with some settings and this came out lol) maybe i will start a side mod of sorts.

Spoiler:
ShadowRhydon(Concept).png
By Vikerus
Otakufiend wrote:Is this better? I have no idea what I was thinking when I said it looked off when I had it uneven. Maybe I was too close to the work and other eyes could see what I could not.

Spoiler:
RHYDONnose.png

May start on Rhydon's Evolved form...

lol once again your head is uneven. You can tell when you look near the back of the head in this picture.
By Vikerus
#14414 I really don't see how you have made this so off.
JOIN THE TEAM