is this model ready to be approved?

100%
N/A
By karrybird
#8660 since the old one was difficult to look at without cringing, i made a new ponyta :)

i now have a gif of the animation, i think it looks alright :)

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

By MrMasochism
#8661 It's already a big improvement over the current one but I'd suggest the neck to front legs section still needs work. Compare to this:

I think the neck should flow down to the front legs so make the curve a bit less and move the front legs forward
By karrybird
MrMasochism wrote:It's already a big improvement over the current one but I'd suggest the neck to front legs section still needs work. Compare to this:

I think the neck should flow down to the front legs so make the curve a bit less and move the front legs forward

i see what you mean, how's this?

By Jack_Attack12
#8667 I love this! But there is one little thing that dosnt look "right". Its the Lava texture on its head i think it dosnt go with the other flames, or its to.... Big? But i do love the model! Well done!
By GodOf_War
#8668 On note of the animated flames, as far as I remember( Which could have easily changed by now, so please excuse me if I'm now incorrect), the .Gif has to be split into it's separate images, as minecraft doesn't know how to handle a .gif format for it's textures. What Mr.M can do code wise though, is have each image cycle through at a constant rate, creating the animated gif effect.

On your Ponyta though, i do love it, and it matches so well with the rapidash currently in game. Nice job Karry, as always!
By Yaseen
#8670 I really like the model but I gotta agree with Jack the blocked fire texture just doesnt seem to be the same standard as the the other flames(sprites) and it looks a little weird
By karrybird
GodOf_War wrote:On note of the animated flames, as far as I remember( Which could have easily changed by now, so please excuse me if I'm now incorrect), the .Gif has to be split into it's separate images, as minecraft doesn't know how to handle a .gif format for it's textures. What Mr.M can do code wise though, is have each image cycle through at a constant rate, creating the animated gif effect.

On your Ponyta though, i do love it, and it matches so well with the rapidash currently in game. Nice job Karry, as always!

ah, bit of a misunderstanding there. i know minecraft won't read a .gif file, i wanted to make a preview of the animated flames to show you guys what it would look like in game. :)

and i managed to make that very gif, check it out
Spoiler:

kind of a rough animation, but it doesn't look too bad :)
By karrybird
Yaseen wrote:I really like the model but I gotta agree with Jack the blocked fire texture just doesnt seem to be the same standard as the the other flames(sprites) and it looks a little weird

yeah but honestly, it would look much weirder if it was just a flat block like the other flames.
By Yaseen
karrybird wrote:
GodOf_War wrote:On note of the animated flames, as far as I remember( Which could have easily changed by now, so please excuse me if I'm now incorrect), the .Gif has to be split into it's separate images, as minecraft doesn't know how to handle a .gif format for it's textures. What Mr.M can do code wise though, is have each image cycle through at a constant rate, creating the animated gif effect.

ah, bit of a misunderstanding there. i know minecraft won't read a .gif file, i wanted to make a preview of the animated flames to show you guys what it would look like in game. :)

and i managed to make that very gif, check it out
Spoiler:

kind of a rough animation, but it doesn't look too bad :)

just a question when is animated it would go image 1 2 3 2 1 right? cause when it goes 1 2 3 1 2 3 it looks a little strange when it jumps from 3 to 1
JOIN THE TEAM