By Nxtech
#8559 Here's my first model. Any tips for improving anything would be appreciated.

*I colored the model, added the dots, and made the head and body thinner.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

By Jack_Attack12
#8594 This is very good! well done. But... the head is WAY to blocky. Its one big block. So if you fix that, it will look better
By Pokenerd8
#8616 im not sure if its just me.but maybe make the blue part on her skin bit lighter?
By Nxtech
#8621 Well I made the head one big block because the nidoking and nidoqueen had 2 block heads and I wanted to keep them looking similar. I'll also change the color to the same one as the actual nidorina and see how you like it (I think its too grey).
By MrMasochism
Nxtech wrote:Well I made the head one big block because the nidoking and nidoqueen had 2 block heads and I wanted to keep them looking similar. I'll also change the color to the same one as the actual nidorina and see how you like it (I think its too grey).

The nidoqueen/king are not finished models (in fact they've never been submitted and the creator is planning to redo them entirely I believe)
By Nxtech
#8633 Ohhhhh... well I'll wait until they've been redone to change my model then. Also I forgot the leg dots and am working on them.
By Boogaluke
#8968 good start :D For a first model, it's always to go on the right track like this. Just a few things I want to point out:

1.) Nidorina has some what of a beak like tip for the mouth area. Don't forget the fang too :3

2.) I think it's a bit wide, so can you make it a bit thinner based on the picture? I think the spikes can be done with two blocks with one being fatter, and the top block being Skinner to form more of a spike than a stick.

3.) Texture wise, a lighter blue would be better. Also the dark blue spots nidorina has on the thigh area.

Other than that, keep going :D
By Nxtech
#9001 The spikes I had in the figure were just there sorta as place holders for the final ones and about the beak, I wasn't really able to make it with the blocks that are allowed in techne without completely remaking the model at a MUCH larger size. Oh and also the dots on the legs are done (cant believe I forgot them lol) and I made the colors much less vivid but not the exact same as the pictures of nidorina because they are just way to grey. Ill try and remember to update the pictures tonight.
By Xwaffle
#10817 I like it now that you've put work into it. I say you submit it for approval :)
JOIN THE TEAM