By SethMyers_001
#62992 So hi im new to the community, But not new to the mod. I was wondering where do I start for the modelling? What programs do I need? :) Please help me. And thank you!

By Il_Lupo
#62993 Hey, nice to meet you ^^ welcome to the Pixelmon forums!

Techne was the first program used, but it's fairly complicated and takes ten times as long as programs like Blender or Maya. Every modelling program is difficult to figure out at first, but it's intuitive and once you have the basics down, you'll be churning out models like no tomorrow.

The first thing you should do is have a look at Burgy's guide to Blender. That's on this same topic, and has a text and video guide to basic stuff. Work on the model before working on the texture, and constantly ask for feedback so people can point out stuff you might have missed.
By ryancpexpert
#62996 If your New i recommend Techne, but there are alot of other programs that people use like Blender and Maya.
By Lettucecow
#63006 Good luck!
By chippy2000
#63148 Yeah these guys are right. I make my own models but don't release them.
I use them on my own mods but I don't want people hassling me saying 'upgrade it to the latest version!' and 'hurry up and update it!'.
I use Blender so nice choice! :lol:
By ryancpexpert
#63266 If you need a tutorial on how to us it, check out Burgys Method for Low poly models.
By Foquine
#63416 Excuse me for stealing this topic, but which one is better? Maya or Blender?
(Do they both work on every kind of computer?, etc.)
JOIN THE TEAM