By SubGenesis
#57695 finally done the trade icon, it currently has 3 rotation points one for each game boy and one for the link cable FINISHED!!!: Image
more pictures
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage

also about the grainy pixels that represent the words 'gameboy color' , I did not do real words because
A. the model will be so small that from any realistic distance it will look just like a real gameboy anyway

B. adding in the names of real products is not a good idea at all for many reasons

By SubGenesis
#58818 Umm... my current work on the trainer icon is a little large (the right size is about 0.1 on the gi scale) I'm making an exclamation Mark sign and a poke ball as the dot at the bottom, the size that gave the best proportions for my method of making it happened to be quite large (the problem was with having top and bottom curves of the exclamation mark both being even but with different sizes)

Is it okay that it is large or would it cause too much lag?
By SubGenesis
#58837 Sweet :D

Also if anyones interested I worked out after about half an hour of serious trigonometry how to make an almost perfect replica of this exclamation Mark in techne which is what I want to base it off;
Spoiler:

So if I have 7 segments of length 2 all at 21.5 degrees to each other and the two side blocks which are inclined at 4 degrees to the vertical ;a perfect curve

And 7 segments of length 3 at the top all at 23.5 degrees to each other and the side blocks ;another perfect curve

Then if the length of the side blocks are 30 (almost the right length they should be; was supposed to be 33)
It comes out to make a 99% fit

Just shows how desperately bored I got..... And yes I probably do have OCD :P
But still I am pretty chuffed I could use maths to solve this problem 8-)

edit: thought i should correct a mistake that i had made which fortunately i corrected before starting the model
By SubGenesis
#58996 behold ye flawless exclamation mark... I made with techne and, maths...
this is the start of my battle icon, the dot of the exclamation mark will be a pokeball, hopefully this design will look good when it's finished

so i started from the bottom and finished at the top having worked out all the lengths and angles in advance
and this is the final overlap between the last block, that has to be in the center, and the second last block (and its mirrored one in the background)
MATHS FTW.

also I'm editing this post with each new update like the last one i did for the trade icon^ (which is now finished by the way)
By Il_Lupo
#64727 Any icons here still need to be done?
By chippy2000
SPG wrote:
Il_Lupo wrote:Any icons here still need to be done?

the shop icon, but thats about it I think

Shopping Basket a good idea? :mrgreen:
JOIN THE TEAM