By xanderindalzone
#197961 Hi everyone! In this topic I'll show you a guide on how to properly rig and animate your models! :D

Animation/Animación

Rigging/Esqueletizar

Ok, so if you want to rig yourself your model that was just approved this is how we rig our models, it's important that you do the same, this way it wont bug when we import it ingame:
1.Parent all the bones of the armatures to a Root Bone, this bone has to be able to move all the armature.
2.You have to name all your bones, if you are naming a side part, like arms or legs, remember to write _L or _R at the end of the name(left/right).
3.Always do a symetrical armature if the model is also symetrical.
4.After rigging, select the armature, open edit mode, and set all bone rolls to 0, this will also avoid bugs when importing.

Vale, si quieres esqueletizar tu propio modelo recien aprobado esta es la manera con la que nosotros esqueletizamos nuestros modelos, es importante que hagas lo mismo, de esta manera no se bugeará cuando lo importemos en el juego:
1.Emparenta todos los huesos del esqueleto a un Hueso Raiz, este hueso tiene que poder mover todo el esqueleto.
2.Tienes que poner nombre a todos los huesos, si estás nombrando un lado, como los brazos o piernas, recuerda de escribir _L o _R al final del nombre(izquierda/derecha en inglés).
3.También haz el esqueleto simétrico si el modelo también es simétrico.
4.Después de esqueletizar, selecciona el esqueleto, abre el modo edición y establece el roll de todos los huesos a 0, esto evitará bugs cuando lo importemos.

Apply the rig/Aplicar el esqueleto

Applying the rig means assigning all the bones to its mesh section, so when you move the arm bone for example, it'll move the arm of the model, so to asign the rig to the model follow these instructions:
1.Select your model in object mode, then hold SHIFT and select the rig, then press CONTROL+P and select With empty groups, like shown:
Click | Show

2.Select your model in edit mode, then open the vertex group window, you'll see all the names of your bones inside the box below.
Click | Show

3.Next you will have to assign vertex groups to all your bones, to do this first select all the vertices you want to assign, select the name of the bone you want to use to move that vertex group and press Assign.
Click | Show
ImageImage

4.When you finish assigning the rig, make sure that all the body parts move like you want, if not, use the weight paint tool to adjust the weight of the bone, to use it, select first the armature in pose mode, then select the model and open the weight paint mode.
Click | Show

Aplicar el esqueleto significa asignar todos los huesos a su part de la malla, de tal manera que cuando movamos el hueso del brazo por ejemplo, se mueva el brazo del modelo, así que para asignar el esqueleto al modelo sigue estas instrucciones:
1.Selecciona tu modelo en modo objecto, mantén SHIFT, luego presiona CONTROL+P y selecciona With empty groups, como se enseña:
Click | Show

2.Selecciona el modelo en modo edición, luego abre la ventana de grupo de vértices, verás todos los nombres de tus huesos dentro de la caja debajo.
Click | Show

3.Después tendrás que asignar grupos de vértices a todos tus huesos, para hacer esto primero selecciona todos los vértices que quieres asignar, selecciona el nombre del hueso que quieres usar para mover ese grupo de vértices y presiona Assign.
Click | Show
ImageImage

4.Cuando acabes de asignar el esqueleto, comprueba de que todas las partes del cuerpo se mueven como deseas, si no es así, usa la herramienta de pintura de pesos para ajustar el peso de los huesos, para usarla, selecciona primero el esqueleto en modo pose, luego selecciona el modelo y abre el modo de pintura de pesos.
Click | Show

VIDEO TUTORIAL(english subs)/VIDEO TUTORIAL(en español)

How to rig/Como poner esqueleto

Animati[/youtube]on/Animación

This is the fun part, this is where you can show your creativity :-D
For each pokémon we do 2 animations always, the idle animation and the walking animation(flying too only for flying pokémon).
Before you start animation make sure that all your bone rolls are set to 0!

Here you have some tips you might need:
Ok, so, your animation has to be smooth, has to feel realistic, not just the usual noob up and down bobbing animation XD.
You'll have to learn to delay keyframes so that it feels like the body parts have weight when they move.
The automatic adjusting(select the keyframes you want to adjust and press here) will smooth your animation a lot, but it can have some side effects like when your model takes a step a the foot sinks into the ground, this can easily be manually adjust using the curve editor below the keyframe timeline, select the bone you want to edit and adjust its movement.
Also make the animation loop smooth, it's very common to see the animation stop for a moment when the animation loops.
Here you have examples of what we want and what we don't want:

Bad Animation
Click | Show

Good Animation
Click | Show

Esta es la parte divertida, aquí es donde puedes mostrar tu creatividad :-D
Para cada pokémon hacemos 2 animaciones siempre, la animación de reposo y la animación de desplazamiento(la animación de vuelo también sólo para pokémon voladores).
Antes de empezar a animar comprueba de que todos los huesos tienen su roll a 0!

Aquí tenéis unos cuantos trucos que quizás necesitéis:
Vale, bueno, tu animación tiene que ser fluida, tiene que ser realista, no sólo la típica animación de sube y baja que suelen hacer los novatos XD.
Tendrás que aprender a retrasar keyframes para que se note el peso de las partes del cuerpo al moverse.
El ajuste automático(selecciona los keyframes que quieres ajustar y presiona aquí) suavizará tu animación un montón, pero puede tener efectos secundarios como cuando el modelo da un paso el pie se hunde en el suelo, esto puede arreglarse fácilmente de forma manual usando el editor de curvas debajo de la línea de tiempo, selecciona el hueso que quieres editar y ajusta su movimiento.
Haz también el bucle fluido, es muy común ver animaciones que se detienen durante un momento cuando terminan el bucle.
Aquí tenéis ejemplos de lo que queremos y de lo que no queremos:

Mala animación
Click | Show

Buena animación
Click | Show

Feedback(Animators only)/Críticas(Sólo para animadores)

At the moment there aren't any animations on the modelling forum apart from mine. You can also post your animations there, in the modelling feedback section. Also, since animating is not very common, you can show me your animations via discord private message so I can personally give you feedback of your animations(my discord nick is xanderindalzone).
You can upload your animations to Sketchfab too, now they accept animations so you can upload them there like you would do with static models.

Actualmente no hay animaciones en el foro de modelaje aparte de las mías. Podéis publicar vuestras animaciones ahí, en la sección de críticas de modelos. También, como no es muy común ver animaciones, podéis enseñarme vuestras animaciones por mensaje privado en discord(mi apodo es xanderindalzone).
Podéis subir vuestras animaciones a Sketchfab también, ahora aceptan animaciones así que podéis subirlas como si fueran modelos estáticos.

Want to animate some of our models?/Quiéres animar alguno de nuestros modelos?

If you want to help with animation but you don't have any models done you can get in contact with me via discord private message(my nick is xanderindalzone) and I would give you a model to test your animation skills. I will choose the model so don't start yelling I WANT TO ANIMATE HOOPA. I'll give you a simple model like for example: magnemite or cottonee. I'll be giving you feedback if I like what you're doing, only if I see that you have potential.

Si quieres ayudar con animaciones pero no tienes ningún modelo hecho puedes ponerte en contacto conmigo por mensaje privado en discord(mi apodo es xanderindalzone) y te daría un modelo para comprobar tus habilidades de animación. Yo elegiré el modelo así que no empieces a gritar QUIERO ANIMAR A HOOPA. Te daré un modelo simple como por ejemplo: magnemite o cottonee. Te iré dando críticas si me gusta lo que estás haciendo, sólo si veo que tienes potencial.

VIDEO TUTORIAL(english subs)/VIDEO TUTORIAL(en español)

How to animate/Como animar

JOIN THE TEAM