By Asvarduil
#174377 Hello! I'm Asvarduil, and I normally write Unity games, but I'm posting this for two important reasons:

A) I really, really like Pixelmon. It makes MineCraft really interesting.

B) I really, really don't like how wood stairs are used to simulate seats. Using fence + pressure plate to simulate tables also bothers me, but one thing at a time.

...So, I've decided to help out with modelling something that's not a Pokemon: a chair.

I set the chair up so that it's high-def enough to fit the Pokemon aesthetic of sleekness, but with limited polygons so as not to totally stress MineCraft out. Also, I designed the seat to support the Pokeball motif that any self-respecting Pokemon game or mod should have everywhere.

If it's not quite right for the mod, please let me know how to improve it.
Last edited by Asvarduil on 11 Jun 2016 11:29, edited 1 time in total.
By Asvarduil
#174398 You've got a point. I can't unsee it now. Holy crud.

Also, fixing the "toilet" look will let me further reduce the vertex/poly count. While this is very low poly by most games' standards, most things in MineCraft have like 8 vertices.

EDIT: I noticed the (accurate) title change. That gave me an idea - at one point to actually model a toilet for the Pixelmon mod. Just like with Poketables, however - one thing at a time.
By Asvarduil
#174423 I normally avoid double-posting, but given that my first attempt at a chair went to the crapper in a more literal sense than I may have liked...here's round two. I decided to be a bit more conservative:

I went with the suggestion from @SnowBlitzz for the seat and back to be two separate colors, but I reversed them because anyone who's ever owned furniture that's white knows how easy it is to mess it up without even trying.

Anyways, it's also far-lower in vertex and poly count.