By BoopMcGoop
#156074 I'm familiar with modelling, UV mapping, and animation in programs like Blender, but does anybody have a tutorial or code portion that imports the animations and actions?

Minecraft currently uses mathematically generated animations, so it's not stored in the default sources anywhere.

By SPG
#156079 depends on the animations that you want to import
the only ones that you'll be able to do is downloading and installing a smd plugin for your respective program, then importing the smd from the zip to your software. Any other animation is impossible without you recreating it yourself
By JamieS1211
#156100 You can import SMD files into blender if you get and add "blender source tools" to blender you will get import and export options for SMDs.

Also when you export animation projects to SMD you get a SMD for the model / rig and then a SMD for each set of actions. If your interested with animating for the mod I can talk to you and see what you know etc.
By BoopMcGoop
JamieS1211 wrote:You can import SMD files into blender if you get and add "blender source tools" to blender you will get import and export options for SMDs.

Also when you export animation projects to SMD you get a SMD for the model / rig and then a SMD for each set of actions. If your interested with animating for the mod I can talk to you and see what you know etc.

Thanks! I have the SMD in Blender already, and I've used it with .qc files in TF2 mods before.
How would I go about using animations for the default player model? I have a rigged obj of the model and I can easily make some animations and export as an SMD
By SPG
BoopMcGoop wrote:
JamieS1211 wrote:You can import SMD files into blender if you get and add "blender source tools" to blender you will get import and export options for SMDs.

Thanks! I have the SMD in Blender already, and I've used it with .qc files in TF2 mods before.
How would I go about using animations for the default player model? I have a rigged obj of the model and I can easily make some animations and export as an SMD

if you want to chang what the player models is doing you'd have to edit the source code, which we cant help you with
By JamieS1211
#156106 You can't import an animation without importing the rig that goes with it. I am not 100% sure what you are trying to do if you could clarify.
By BoopMcGoop
JamieS1211 wrote:You can't import an animation without importing the rig that goes with it. I am not 100% sure what you are trying to do if you could clarify.

I have a rig for it, otherwise it wouldn't be animatable
By JamieS1211
#156126 If you have made a rig your self you can't import an animation (key-frames) onto that because the skeletal structure will be different and bones not named the same thing. If you want to import an animation you need to import the model, skeleton and key-frames all together from what has been animated or bones won't line up or correspond to vertices and the key-frames won't refer to any bones. If you have got the rig and model from the pokemon smd then just hit import and import the key-frame data smd (in the anims folder)

For example I imported the steelix stuff I did. First I imported the steelix.smd then I imported the idle.smd. You will notice that every bone has a keyframe at every frame of the animation. This is because it has been exported and imported.
By BoopMcGoop
JamieS1211 wrote:If you have made a rig your self you can't import an animation (key-frames) onto that because the skeletal structure will be different and bones not named the same thing. If you want to import an animation you need to import the model, skeleton and key-frames all together from what has been animated or bones won't line up or correspond to vertices and the key-frames won't refer to any bones. If you have got the rig and model from the pokemon smd then just hit import and import the key-frame data smd (in the anims folder)

For example I imported the steelix stuff I did. First I imported the steelix.smd then I imported the idle.smd. You will notice that every bone has a keyframe at every frame of the animation. This is because it has been exported and imported.

I get that, but once I have an SMD for the model and for animations, what should I do to import it?
By JamieS1211
JamieS1211 wrote: First I imported the steelix.smd then I imported the idle.smd

Perhaps I didn't make myself clear. Import the model smd. Then click import again (dont do anything else) and hit import and chose the animation smd.

I think you are over thinking this.
JOIN THE TEAM