By TheGameAce
#149473 Give us a sneak peak SPG :P And he's actually not really far off from an accurate model of the Apricorn bushes from Johto. The top just needs to be tweaked. Now if you want to create a realistic apricorn TREE...

You can always go crazy and make an actual tree that drops apricorns from it's leaves.

As for making one in replica of Generation 3's... You can just refer to Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.
Oh and I think another cool feature you could add to the trees (they should really be called bushes) would be to add like a shaders compatibility, or just have them actually sway randomly a bit like there is a breeze blowing. Probably won't happen, but it's a nice thought, and I don't think animating that would be too hard.

By TheGameAce
#149474 Wait, can't find the edit so I'll put it here. Ignore my Gen 3 comment XP I was thinking for a moment there of the Berry Trees. Which I hope those are put in too with some sort of use at some point. Maybe the berries could have a side-use of making Medical items in-game?
By xanderindalzone
#149477 if SPG wants ill start making some berry bushes XD...
By TheGameAce
#149480 Can't hurt to work on them anyways. It's a feature in the games, and would make sense as the way to get the different berries. The actual bushes though need mechanics of them tweaked IMO. I mean really... Take the berries and the bush disintegrates? Game logic at it's finest.
By TheGameAce
#149486 Hey! I have 20/20 vision ;o; And he's actually not too far off on the model from the original models. I think he's basing them off the original games rather than the remakes of HG/SS. I can see a difference between his and the HG/SS version though. Needs to be smaller, round bush body, small ring at the top that holds the berries, small trunk.
By xanderindalzone
#149488 ok ok no need to argue XD ill remodel it like the new generation ones ;-)
By SPG
TheGameAce wrote:Hey! I have 20/20 vision ;o; And he's actually not too far off on the model from the original models. I think he's basing them off the original games rather than the remakes of HG/SS. I can see a difference between his and the HG/SS version though. Needs to be smaller, round bush body, small ring at the top that holds the berries, small trunk.

(actually that wouldnt matter, they look exactly the same, the remakes are just more detailed)
that aside i already said they are made soooooooo i dont know why you are still making these lol
By xanderindalzone
#149495 NEVER MIND XD.... I'VE MADE THEM ANY WAY I LIKE MAKING MODELS ITS LOTS OF FUN :-D THESE ARE EXACTLY LIKE YOUR IMAGE(They're not smoothed, simple sphere, no subdivisions)

Apricorn Tree 2 by elxanderomg on Sketchfab

Apricorn Tree 2(WITH RED APRICORN) by elxanderomg on Sketchfab
JOIN THE TEAM