By Sarelm
#147012 So, I have an not-yet-UV'd because I have very little idea of how to UV model of Zubat. I tried to upload the un-UV'd model here to still attempt to get feedback but the export to Sketchfab plug in for Maya refuses to work and I'm at a complete loss of what to do. Suggestion plz?

By SPG
#147060 in terms of the plugin, just dont use it and export it as an obj and upload that to sketchfab, the maya plugin is slow as hell anyways
By Sarelm
#147073 I do not have the option to export as a .obj file, maybe this is because I'm using Maya 2013?
By SPG
Sarelm wrote:I do not have the option to export as a .obj file, maybe this is because I'm using Maya 2013?

no you do, you have to turn it on
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-xd6p4Rvak
(it being a mac tutorial doesnt matter you do the same thing on both os' - I use maya on both mac and windows)
By Sarelm
#147095 Thank you so very much. I'm sorry if it's not obvious enough that I'm a total newbie with this program.
By SPG
Sarelm wrote:Thank you so very much. I'm sorry if it's not obvious enough that I'm a total newbie with this program.

ya i fugred as much, which raises the question on why you didnt get the newest version of maya instead
By Sarelm
#147154 I got this student version in 2013 when I was supposed to take a class on it for a semester, the class got cancelled due to lack of interest and I've just had it until I started trying to teach myself it this year.
By SPG
Sarelm wrote:I got this student version in 2013 when I was supposed to take a class on it for a semester, the class got cancelled due to lack of interest and I've just had it until I started trying to teach myself it this year.

might want to upgrade then to a student version of 2015, student versions only last 2 years
By SPG
MasterLegendYT wrote:
SPG Wrote
might want to upgrade then to a student version of 2015, student versions only last 2 years

No it last for 3 years

2012 was 2 years so i went off that assumption
JOIN THE TEAM