By MrRokusho
#105061 Can i make any of the following models or are those approved / being made already?

1. Houndour
2. Houndoom
3. Riolu
4. Lucario
5. Suicune
6. Entai
7. Raikou

By MrRokusho
IceMan8030 wrote:The rule of thumb has always been even if the model has been made/approved and you think you can do better then make it and submit it and the better model will be chosen.

but how can i know if i can improve them if i don't know anything about it ?
By IceMan8030
#105075 Take mewtwo for example SPG had harbringer working on a new model and Arsonist thought he could do a better job without ever seeing the model harbringer was working on so he made it. It doesn't matter if the model has been posted or not its whether you think you have what it takes to make the best model for that poke.
By MrRokusho
#105088 The point is, that i don't want to waste time on a model, even if it is better, knowing there already is an ok model.
I don't like to make little improvement to the whole mod you see, i wish to improve the bad stuff like techne models or just bad modeled models.
And also pokemon that don't exist yet of course. And I like to combine that with making pokemon I think are cool.
By MrRokusho
#105095 Btw it seems i posted this accidentally in the wrong section, it should be just in modeling

Edit: Thanks for moving it.
By ryancpexpert
#105105 Houndoom and Houndour have both already been modeled and Approved. I am not sure, but I think someone was doing the Dog Trio a while back, but not sure if they were ever posted in approval.
By IceMan8030
#105111 I don't know how many times I can repeat myself by saying even if a model is done and approved that does not mean you can not remake the model. Prime example I was talking to a friend of mine who is a modeler and a texture artist and they are planning on remaking Gengar even though it already has an obj model that is approved and in my opinion is a good model but they feel that they can make a better model. Does that mean if the model is better it will be approved no but he is going to take them time to remake a Pokemon he fells he could do better at making a model of.
By MrRokusho
IceMan8030 wrote:I don't know how many times I can repeat myself by saying even if a model is done and approved that does not mean you can not remake the model. Prime example I was talking to a friend of mine who is a modeler and a texture artist and they are planning on remaking Gengar even though it already has an obj model that is approved and in my opinion is a good model but they feel that they can make a better model. Does that mean if the model is better it will be approved no but he is going to take them time to remake a Pokemon he fells he could do better at making a model of.

It's all entirely true, however it's not as big of a difference as it would be when remodeling a blocky (techne) pokemon.
JOIN THE TEAM