By Krotuskang
#104562 I'v been learning how to use my maya lt program with making unown poke due to their simple shapes.

I have not seen them being down, they are actually one of my fav pokemon from gen 3. I am just wondering if you guys will be looking for them or what there deal is before I get too far along.

By PokeWillpower
#104573 Tips:
1. Make sure your models aren't too high poly, Minecraft can't take it.
2. You pretty much have to do ALL 28 forms, so you have to be dedicated.
3. Unown is Gen 2, not 3.

They really want beginners to make gen 1 models right now but i'm sure they'll let it slide if your models are good enough, other than this just have fun! :mrgreen:
By SPG
PokeWillpower wrote:Tips:
1. Make sure your models aren't too high poly, Minecraft can't take it.
2. You pretty much have to do ALL 28 forms, so you have to be dedicated.
3. Unown is Gen 2, not 3.

They really want beginners to make gen 1 models right now but i'm sure they'll let it slide if your models are good enough, other than this just have fun! :mrgreen:

dont put words in my mouth, they can do what ever they feel like it (minus fake pokemon and gen 6) and beign too high poly has NOTHING to do with minecraft's limitations, they low poly rule is to deal with how most of the user base have crap computers, and yes you need to make all forms or i wont consider it for approval
By PokeWillpower
SPG wrote:dont put words in my mouth, they can do what ever they feel like it (minus fake pokemon and gen 6) and beign too high poly has NOTHING to do with minecraft's limitations, they low poly rule is to deal with how most of the user base have crap computers, and yes you need to make all forms or i wont consider it for approval

Sorry about that, I don't know where I got that from other than something from way back in November.

Also, what you said to my statement of Minecraft not taking it was what I was referring to, doesn't it increase lag for those with crap computers? If it doesn't just disregard that part completely. :oops:
By Krotuskang
#105388 gah, guess its time to learn to make semi-decent looking stuff with low poly I find that the hard part since I am just starting out and most things look.... well awful x.x
By Krotuskang
#106019 Eh, I don't think this will take long. I just downloaded maya, since maya lt was not cutting it. I think the truly hard parts are keep poly low and texturing now.
By joshua_DA
Krotuskang wrote:Eh, I don't think this will take long. I just downloaded maya, since maya lt was not cutting it. I think the truly hard parts are keep poly low and texturing now.

dud, the low poly thing is the easiest part of modelling, lawl.
By Arsonist
joshua_DA wrote:
Krotuskang wrote:Eh, I don't think this will take long. I just downloaded maya, since maya lt was not cutting it. I think the truly hard parts are keep poly low and texturing now.

These are the words of someone who seemingly hasn't found out about the pleasures of polyflow.
By joshua_DA
Arsonist wrote:
joshua_DA wrote:

These are the words of someone who seemingly hasn't found out about the pleasures of polyflow.

sadly, yes :(
JOIN THE TEAM