Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.
By scalda
#90117 Hi All,

i hope there is some people that can help me develop some ideas i can put on my new pixelmon server i'm creating.

i have got a full kanto map and i am slowly walking through it all and changing what i want and adding all the pcs, healers and so forth into the poke centers.

even added pcs and healers the the way stations on the routes

these are the first things i can think of:

1, what to put in a chest for newcomers to the server? so far one masterball, 10 pokeballs, 10 potions, 10 roast chickens
2, best way set up shops?
3, how to create gym portals?

any other ideas people have got please let me know

i don't really want to copy what other peoples servers have got

thanks in advance

scalda

By PhelpsterUK
#90145 I think this would belong better in another area of the forum such as general discussion. This area is more for the mod support/crash logs.

Though I'll still offer some input:
1. A kit would work better than a chest. After all anyone can loot a chest. Kits will automatically give any new players what you assign it. I generally don't give masterballs unless they win it in a server event but that's your call. The rest I see to be fine since I have pokeballs/potions and food in my starter kits. I also give them stone tools to get them started since my server is survival.

2. Shops depend on how you want it to be run. Since I'm still developing I use the AdminShop plugin so people can buy/sell on the move and all the prices are listed on my servers forum for reference. Eventually I'll be using both. The Admin shop will sell basics and sign shops (Placed in towns) will sell the more advance items.

3. I'm not really sure what you're asking on this one. perhaps someone else can answer?

Always try to go for something original and keep it interesting. Add a few puzzles here and there like a maze or a cave like you'd find in the Pokemon games...
By scalda
PhelpsterUK wrote:I think this would belong better in another area of the forum such as general discussion. This area is more for the mod support/crash logs.

Though I'll still offer some input:
1. A kit would work better than a chest. After all anyone can loot a chest. Kits will automatically give any new players what you assign it. I generally don't give masterballs unless they win it in a server event but that's your call. The rest I see to be fine since I have pokeballs/potions and food in my starter kits. I also give them stone tools to get them started since my server is survival.

2. Shops depend on how you want it to be run. Since I'm still developing I use the AdminShop plugin so people can buy/sell on the move and all the prices are listed on my servers forum for reference. Eventually I'll be using both. The Admin shop will sell basics and sign shops (Placed in towns) will sell the more advance items.

3. I'm not really sure what you're asking on this one. perhaps someone else can answer?

Always try to go for something original and keep it interesting. Add a few puzzles here and there like a maze or a cave like you'd find in the Pokemon games...

Thank you for the input

i've created a autorestock chest that only allows the player access to it once but i may look into a kit and find a way to implement it

i will have a look at the adminshop and i like your idea of the shop for basic items and then the signs for more advance stuff

and i mean by using signs in gyms to portal you to a different part of the gym to battle the gym leader or 2

i have a kanto map based on the original games i'm just editing it to my liking

and can a forum admin move this for me please

any other comments would be great

thanks
scalda
By Animalol
#90233 Moving to Off-Topic.
By Waterboyr
#90351 1. Well first off always having lots of food is good but depending on where else they can get food... I noticed it's too hard on some servers so you'll want to give them LOTS of food or make food cheap.
2. Make it like the game and better things as you go. Maybe make a similar design to game because that's always cool. And makes some special shops like also in the games where it's the only place you can get certain items and normal ones also.
3. Well I would make mazes, traps, with portals out if you get trapped or lost, and challenges, simple parkour, or having to catch a small pokemon to prove your worth. Then you can have an extra portal or sign or door that acts like the sign or just the end of maze or etc. open into a normal room to battle. Also this could work because when they challenge them they can open the gym doors and close them so no one can help and you won't get there and find the gym leader gone. Hope this helps!
By Datmusic
#90934 For donations if you do that sort of think make specialized kits and colored tags. Just a suggestion :p
By Omio9999
#91377 Instead of giving straight-up Pokéballs, try giving 5 Red Apricorns [and a few others if you want people to get crafty], and iron, a bit of stone, a stack of cobble, half a stack of logs, five melon blocks [or ten if you want then to go far from spawn], five potions, and an iron pick. This forces people to work for their Pokéballs, Healer, et cetera, but it doesn't completely incapacitate a user. Melons grow kinda easily, so the food problem can be easily solved at one's will.

Discourage people from getting close to any kind of spawner; they still spawn nasty enemies.
By scalda
#91942 Thanks for all the good ideas. I will implement some perhaps. I'm just sorting my world out at the moment as I have decided to have a Pokemon adventure maps along with a training map that you spawn to and then can choose what adventure you would like to take

Plus I have got some interesting battle fields and training places thanks to a few people at planetminecraft but once I get it to a point I will open it up to a select few so I can work the bugs out and get there help and input, if any of yo are interested at all?

Please keep the ideas coming

Thanks again
By scalda
#92252 I would love some help but at the moment I have only got it locally as can't afford to get a server for it yet so I'm just building it myself. The main problem I have got is I'm adding all the maps and that to one big world but the thing is I need to fill all the empty space with water but I can't seem to do it as all my maps are sat on the base of the world and are at different heights but I can't find or create a water world that is like million x million chucks that's 62 blocks deep.
JOIN THE TEAM