Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.
By Omio9999
scalda wrote:I would love some help but at the moment I have only got it locally as can't afford to get a server for it yet so I'm just building it myself. The main problem I have got is I'm adding all the maps and that to one big world but the thing is I need to fill all the empty space with water but I can't seem to do it as all my maps are sat on the base of the world and are at different heights but I can't find or create a water world that is like million x million chucks that's 62 blocks deep.

You'll probably need to use a map generator or map editor of some sort, and make a 5000 chunk radius all into 'Ocean', and re-generate all of that with such a thing in mind. Not sure about the specifics.

If you can run the server with Bukkit plugins at all, Essentials will be vital, as having boats to get around with will be great, and Essentials allows you to make signs that give free items.

By Dracoman355
#92265 I don't know how it could be implemented or if it is even possible, but I always thought it would be cool to have a challenge system on a server, Challenges that range from being as easy as "Catch a pidgey" Or "Make a poke ball" to being as difficult as "Find a mew". The possibilities are endless. However if you were to forget the idea of catching pokemon as a challenges. I was once on a sky block server, where you could complete challenges such as collect a stack of cobble, and when you completed it the cobble was taken out of your inv, and a prize was placed in your inv. sadly I think it was a custom plugin, but the point is its possible.
By scalda
Dracoman355 wrote:I don't know how it could be implemented or if it is even possible, but I always thought it would be cool to have a challenge system on a server, Challenges that range from being as easy as "Catch a pidgey" Or "Make a poke ball" to being as difficult as "Find a mew". The possibilities are endless. However if you were to forget the idea of catching pokemon as a challenges. I was once on a sky block server, where you could complete challenges such as collect a stack of cobble, and when you completed it the cobble was taken out of your inv, and a prize was placed in your inv. sadly I think it was a custom plugin, but the point is its possible.

hi thanks for the advice,

i have had a quick look at a generator and i finally found one called MCterra which is brilliant can't fault it, at the moment it is generating a 5000x5000 chuck ocean map its been running nearly 2 days and its at 8.5million chunks out of 25million so will be a few more days till i can start adding the custom maps and other bits to it.

Omio9999 wrote:
scalda wrote:I would love some help but at the moment I have only got it locally as can't afford to get a server for it yet so I'm just building it myself. The main problem I have got is I'm adding all the maps and that to one big world but the thing is I need to fill all the empty space with water but I can't seem to do it as all my maps are sat on the base of the world and are at different heights but I can't find or create a water world that is like million x million chucks that's 62 blocks deep.

You'll probably need to use a map generator or map editor of some sort, and make a 5000 chunk radius all into 'Ocean', and re-generate all of that with such a thing in mind. Not sure about the specifics.

If you can run the server with Bukkit plugins at all, Essentials will be vital, as having boats to get around with will be great, and Essentials allows you to make signs that give free items.

the boat idea is really good but i think i might implement in such a way that you have to get so far though one of the regions before you can buy one or maybe a prize in a Tournament i'm also gonna add the bicycles mod aswell so you can get around abit quicker.

is there anything people would like to see on a server that maybe i can implement please let me know?

Thanks

Scalda
By enkilleridos
#93442 You could always use a program like world painter, to make terrain to how you want it. You can get other people to help you just have to do some port forwarding or get tunngle or hamachi and invite people that way to help you out. Tunngle or Hamachi would be the way to go if you don't trust anyone enough to give your ip address out. Neither are compatiable with Linux however.
By scalda
#93447 i have actually found a terrific program called mcterra and it is generating 5000x5000 chuck flat ocean in total of 25 million chunks its at 15 million now and been running 3 days so far.

plus i tried world painter but i couldn't get on with it, but once i have got the main map complete i will purchase a server to run it on and then i will open to some builders to help me complete it and get it ready for the public plus i will reward the builders in one way or another for helping with it
By Waterboyr
#93490 Actually things like Hamachi well multiple people don't usually want to do that and it can harm your computer. I would just try to do a complicated way or ask on a minecraft forums or other forum wiki for help because it's better safe than sorry.
By scalda
#93686 Hi all,

Just a quick update top let you know that my ocean map is nearly complete and i just checked the size of the folder and it is at 33GB of storage space with 150000 chucks left to make.

So once it is complete i will start to add all my mcedit schematics of my maps and worlds to it and once that is complete i will try and find a reasonably priced server to host it on and then i will provide the ip address to it to allow some buliders to help me put all the final touches and get it ready for the public, so if anyone is intrested please contact me i will provide you with some perks if you decide to join and play on the server once it is open?

Regards

Scalda
By Waterboyr
#93715 I will of course. Anyways excited (Cause I hope I'll actually find a server to build on that I'll get to build on!).
I have tried 10 servers as a builder and I only got to build 1 hour on one overall of them.
By scalda
#97613 Just a quick update,

I have now got the base map running on my server and I have added a couple of extra mods to it including traincraft to allow getting around in a different way

If anyone wants to help me build that would be great please let me know

Also I will need gym leaders, aswell

Happy New Year to you all

Regards

Scott
JOIN THE TEAM